• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting Market

Hello

I used to be a contractor and a poster on this board, but went perm. Now I think I may go contracting again.

Does the panel think this is a good idea? Is the market looking up or has it taken a pasting?

Yours

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Hello

I used to be a contractor and a poster on this board, but went perm. Now I think I may go contracting again.

Does the panel think this is a good idea? Is the market looking up or has it taken a pasting?

Yours

MF
    Oh dear. Lamped your boss again, eh?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

If once again you're only intending to go contracting for your present employer: go for it, the rest of the market's irrelevant.

Comment

Imagine going out and having a skinful of Guinness and several large vindaloos.
        Then imagine the next morning on the toilet as all the waste products from the previous night emerge
        - get up and look down at the toilet bowl.
        See what you have produced, then multiply it a thousand fold until it fills the new Wembly stadium.

Now you're getting close to the current state of the market.

Last edited by Pogle; 5 June 2009, 15:52. Reason: too many I's
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Don't know about the UK but here in Holland the market seems slightly better than it was in january and february. Unfortunately that's a bit like saying that banging your head against a brick wall is more fun than having a red hot poker shoved up your arse.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            Imagine going out and having a skinful of Guinness and several large vindaloos.
            Then imagine the next morning on the toilet as all the waste products from the previous night emerge
            - get up and look down at the toilet bowl.
            See what you have produced, then multiply it a thousand fold until it fills the new Wembly stadium.

Now you're getting close to the current state of the market.

Delightful! Probably true though.

You could go for it MF, be prepared for a few void periods though and some crap rates.

Comment

After a brief upward blip in April/early May the market is now worse than I have ever seen it. Like Wembley full of sh!t? It's overflowing.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

He misses the parties with the Gingham dresses, that's what it is.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

So you reckon it would be a bad idea to jack in a 100K job with 5 weeks a year holiday where I work about 60-80 hours a week though with unsociable hours?

I'm not sure you know. I think you're all just making it up.

Remember a good contractor will always get work.

MF in (10 years a contractor blah blah, never a period on the bench, blah blah, 1st for interviews blah blah) Mode.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Hello

Yours

MF
                    Hiya MF!

Come back to the board anyway - there's a growing number of ex-contractor regulars on here (you know who you are!! )

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X