• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What language scares you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What language scares you?

Or do you think you can adapt to any?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

English!!

Comment

Geekspeak
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Management speak.

Bluesky thinking. Thinking outside the box. Managing stakeholders expectations. All that bulltulip bingo stuff in general.

Comment

Finnish is a pretty bizarre language.

Comment

German scares me. Six different words for "the" that I've discovered so far. A skirt is masculine, a tomato is feminine, but of course a girl is neither. And they put the second verb at the end of the sentence, just in front of the first verb which they also sometimes put at the end of the sentence, and that's assuming one of the verbs hasn't broken in two with the second half staying put and the first half going to, yes, the end of the sentence.

I understand now why the germans like to be so efficient. It's because so much of their mental energy is used up in basic communication that they have to make the most of what little is left.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

German scares me, the cold functional, efficient sound of it dulls one's soul and reminds me of all those evil Nazis.

Comment

Не знаю чи я боюсья Української мови може так, може ні...

Comment

Vietnamese, tonal morse code. Graham Greene could now work it out so what chance did I have. Tom Zoc Toi was about as much as I mastered in a couple of months. Shrimp in Garlic.

Comment

Nice

Nice one,

Bablefish doesnt support Ukrainian ... maybe yes maybe no
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                    X