• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 error messages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 error messages

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8086860.stm

The autopilot was off, the storms were not "exceptional". Sounds fishy to me (no pun intended).

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8086860.stm

The autopilot was off, the storms were not "exceptional". Sounds fishy to me (no pun intended).
    "confirmed that the missing jet had had a problem calculating its speed, adding that it was a recurring problem on the A330s and that Airbus was undertaking a replacement programme"
    Sounds very worrying to me.. and a good reason not to get on A330s
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Crikey - I assumed it might be freak orange-sized hailstones breaking the cockpit window or damaging the engines, but it sounds more like a software error.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

java.lang.PlaneException: dest=/Paris:45566 (48 bytes)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndRe set(FutureTask.java:317)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Future Task.java:150)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$S cheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolE xecutor.java:98)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$S cheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPool Executor.java:181)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$S cheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor .java:205)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
        Caused by: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: Plane send failed
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.send(Native Method)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.send(DatagramSocket.java:6 12)
        at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP._send(UDP.java:352)

Comment

I reckon the software flipped the plane over as it crossed over the equator.

Much cheapness, plenty quickness.

You heard it here first ...

Comment

Dear God... That might have happened years ago but not these days?????
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Soooooo...

Was it the developers fault or was it the tester?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Soooooo...

Was it the developers fault or was it the tester?
                It wasn't EDS was it?

Comment

Lightning strike making the puters go squiffy

I suspect the plane had done similar flights many times since any software update.

Comment

Normally still use c++ as the software
                    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                    X