• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alpha is for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpha is for...

Alpha. Moonbase Alpha.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Beta is for Stella Artois. Wife Beta.

Comment

Comment

You know I wish purple hair would come back into fashion. It's so very charming and goes well with beech flooring.

Comment

Gamma is for Gammer Gurton's Needle, an underperformed early Tudor comedy about (if Memory prevails), a guy whose trousers come apart and can't get them stitched back together because the village tailor has lost his needle.

Containing such profound lines as:

Sodenlye the neele Hodge found by the prickynge
          And drew it out of his bottocke where he felt it stickynge

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
            Gamma is for Gammer Gurton's Needle, an underperformed early Tudor comedy
            See:

R. A. Alpher, H. Bethe & G. Gamow, The origin of chemical elements, Phys. Rev. (2) 73 (1948), 803-804.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Epsilon is for the Epsilon Minus Semi-Moron lift operator in Brave New World. I think he now works as an account manager for Accenture.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green
                Delta is for the Lancia Delta....

I had one of them many yrs back. A red one. Fantastic car that sadly went from showroom condition to having rust holes the size of dustbin lids in the space of a few years.

Superb car though.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                  Epsilon is for the Epsilon Minus Semi-Moron lift operator in Brave New World. I think he now works as an account manager for Accenture.
                  Zeta is for the Riemann Zeta Function and, more interestingly, Catherine Zeta Jones.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/...s,%20Catherine

As "fortune green" managed to find a better pic of CZJ, nips and all, I'll concentrate on the Zeta function. The Clay Institute [ http://www.claymath.org/millennium/ ] has a million dollar bounty on proving that every one of its non-trivial roots (i.e. other than negative integers) has a real part equal to 1/2, or in other words that the blue dot in the animation at http://www.math.ubc.ca/~pugh/RiemannZetaComplex/ (which on Windows needs Java Runtime) only ever passes through the origin when t is real ..
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 October 2005, 22:39.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Epsilon is for the physically deformed.

Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X