• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Danny MacAskill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny MacAskill

Saw this bloke in town and tought that's impossible... then I hear he's on youtube - so I have a look - omg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I can just iamgine the fat Standard Life security guards charging out from behind their desks during the clip at 3:50.

Comment

He's very very good but back in the days of BMX (70s 80s) there were many this good, I suppose BMX were a bit smaller though with lower centre of gravity, still bikes have come on a long way since then, still expect it would be easier on a BMX
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 6 June 2009, 17:15.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Looks good, yet plenty of the MTBers I know do stuff way more dangerous looking than this, during a race and jostling for position too.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Yes, he is crap guys.

Comment

I have never seen anyone as good as this on any type of bike. That is incredible

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
              I have never seen anyone as good as this on any type of bike. That is incredible
              Yes, it is quite good, but for incredible: This guy is blind!
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That is phenomenal. Please tell me you need a specially sprung bike in order to do anything close to this. The heights he managed to jump were amazing. I'm happy just getting up and down kerbs without terminally wrecking my (unsprung) bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  He's very very good but back in the days of BMX (70s 80s) there were many this good, I suppose BMX were a bit smaller though with lower centre of gravity, still bikes have come on a long way since then, still expect it would be easier on a BMX
                  back in the day...you could leave your back door unlocked...

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Check out the bit at 1:26 where he rides up the tree! Can i use the word 'gnarly' (haven't a clue what it means but am sure it's something to do with people riding bikes up trees)?
                    Last edited by Durbs; 7 June 2009, 08:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X