• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last some good news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last some good news

As some of you recall I got my contract terminated in January when most of the team moved to India. I moved to a different team. The original team is falling apart and I have been approached about being parachuted in to the original team to sort out the mess.

Of course the politics have to be resolved first. Particularly as phrases like "moving stuff to India is a failure" is being bandied about. Amazing how so many companies struggle with common sense.....

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As some of you recall I got my contract terminated in January when most of the team moved to India. I moved to a different team. The original team is falling apart and I have been approached about being parachuted in to the original team to sort out the mess.

Of course the politics have to be resolved first. Particularly as phrases like "moving stuff to India is a failure" is being bandied about. Amazing how so many companies struggle with common sense.....
    Damn.

I thought you were going to say that tw@ Brown had gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Damn.

I thought you were going to say that tw@ Brown had gone.
      Wait for the results of the European electins first

Comment

Wait for the results of the European electins first
        I suspect that there's something going on @No10 - with that **** Mandelson sniffing about; the thought of having him as caretaker PM scares the livin' bejesus out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          I suspect that there's something going on @No10 - with that **** Mandelson sniffing about; the thought of having him as caretaker PM scares the livin' bejesus out of me.
          Amazing that the guy apparently has more power than the PM: he has the choice to terminate this PM at will, and install the successor.

At times like this one realises that the UK democratic system is substantially flawed.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Perhaps they intend to literally parachute you into India

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Pakistan
              Last edited by ChimpMaster; 6 June 2009, 21:15.

Comment

I reckon the decent Indian IT geeks (and there are plenty of them) are well pissed off with this type of thing too. It gives them all a bad rep.
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  I reckon the decent Indian IT geeks (and there are plenty of them) are well pissed off with this type of thing too. It gives them all a bad rep.
                  From them I know, it really does.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                    Pakistan
                    I will be in Pakistan for the training I need............

Comment

Working...
                    X