• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

East end stag do recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East end stag do recommendations

It is my stag do soon : I have gone for sleazy east end stag do due to quite a rebellion against Prague.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have been to browns/metropolis before but not for a few years.

Google search was not very helpful and I would prefer personal recommendations.

Thanks

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It is my stag do soon : I have gone for sleazy east end stag do due to quite a rebellion against Prague.

Thanks
    I've been all over Europe on previous stag do's but over the last few years since most of us have had kids there's always a chorus of "I'm not going unless it's in the UK" from the dads.

Why are you organising it, that's the best mans duty shirley? You’re not likely to voluntarily wear a gimp mask and high heels… or are you?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I've been all over Europe on previous stag do's but over the last few years since most of us have had kids there's always a chorus of "I'm not going unless it's in the UK" from the dads.

Why are you organising it, that's the best mans duty shirley? You’re not likely to voluntarily wear a gimp mask and high heels… or are you?
      It was not the dads who were the problem : it was the businessmen who cant get away for 2 days!

I am thinking of going to Prague in October for those two who were very disappointed.

Most of my friends come from very different walks of life. I can get the best man to post here? What sure what difference that woud make?

I hope I get the gimp mask and high heels : will save me £200 at Kings Cross.....

Comment

How about a stag do in TPD?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have been to browns/metropolis before but not for a few years.

Thanks
          Have a bar crawl down Brick Lane. There are loads of 'em; banged out with totty too. Start off at the Bethnal Green end with a Bagel to line the stomach then work your way down towards the Aldgate end to have a curry.

I can’t stand the place – apart from the bagel shops and some of the curry houses – because it is full of idiotic youngsters, but I’m a sad old git.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Browns was still tulip the last time I went.

I'm reliably informed that the "upstairs" of Metropolis is worth a visit (something about a shower IIRC) but I haven't been myself.

You could start at the Elbow Room if you fancy a few games of pool before you go and look at badly packed kebabs.
            Last edited by Moscow Mule; 7 June 2009, 15:25.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

There used to be a really nice irish pub on the leytonstone roundabout that was quite popular for satg dos when I lived in london.

Comment

Originally posted by niche View Post
                There used to be a really nice irish pub on the leytonstone roundabout that was quite popular for satg dos when I lived in london.
                A bit far away from the East End. But I know the pub you mean!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                  Have a bar crawl down Brick Lane. There are loads of 'em; banged out with totty too. Start off at the Bethnal Green end with a Bagel to line the stomach then work your way down towards the Aldgate end to have a curry.

I can’t stand the place – apart from the bagel shops and some of the curry houses – because it is full of idiotic youngsters, but I’m a sad old git.
                  agree with this

Did something similar last month was a good laugh.

Comment

Thanks
                    It depends on the sort of experience you are looking for.

At one end of the scale you have the dingy pubs where the women strip on stage while their mate goes round collecting 50p coins in a pint pot to pay them with.

At the other end you have places like Venus in the Farringdon Road which have a decent club atmosphere and the women will lap dance for you for rather more than 50p.

Metropolis would be sort of in between the two extremes, you have the dingy pub downstairs with the lounge area upstairs.

I don't go any more, , when I did I used to prefer Venus, but if you are not careful you can get through a lot of money there very quickly.

Some of my friends didn't like it there because the women are very persistent about asking you if you want a lap dance. There is no reason not to say no though because you can see all the other lap dances that are going on and a woman will dance on the stage periodically. In practice, the best you can hope for is not to say yes too often.

Having said all that, as others have said, I am sure that there is a dingy pub type set up somewhere towards the Whitechapel Road end of Brick Lane so if it was me I would start the night there and follow up with a curry.

Comment

Working...
                    X