• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comet - After-Sales Service Rubbish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comet - After-Sales Service Rubbish

I bought a Samsung camera from Comet back in December and the lens has recently started jamming when I switch the camera on or off.

Went back to Comet yesterday to bring up with them and they very uninterestingly said there is nothing they could do - I had to speak to Samsung directly to register the fault and I would then have to send the camera in for further diagnosis before they agree to repair. Minimum timescale 28 days. Great customer service for a product I / anyone would not expect to start mal-functionaling after 6 months

The reason I bought the camera from the high street was if there were any problems I could go back to the store for them to be addressed. Given the couldn't care less attitude of Comet (which I will be taking further) I will in future buy any electrical equipment at the cheaper price from either the internet or from our independent electrical retailer. Warning is to stay clear of Comet.

Rant over - have a nice evening all

If a trader tells you the manufacturer is responsible, or that you have to make a claim on a manufacturers' guarantee, you do not have to accept this.

linky
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Samsung is usually good kit too. However, I usually buy Sony kit if it isn't too much of a premium price because over the years, on the rare occaision that something has gone wrong, they really do sort things out well. And quickly too.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Samsung is usually good kit too. However, I usually buy Sony kit if it isn't too much of a premium price because over the years, on the rare occaision that something has gone wrong, they really do sort things out well. And quickly too.
        I work in IT, so I won't have any Sony kit in the house. Had too much fun and games with deliberately planted viruses and phone homes.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          If a trader tells you the manufacturer is responsible, or that you have to make a claim on a manufacturers' guarantee, you do not have to accept this.

linky
          No but from my experience with Comet when my Xbox failed you might as well, the customer service guy told me that if I wanted Comet to sort it out I would most likely have to wait longer for the repair as they would have send it off to Microsoft the same way I would.

Great bit of buck passing there. ...not been back, never will.
          Last edited by gingerjedi; 7 June 2009, 22:48.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Gets my goat up the way some of the chains treat customers. I'm sure most people on here would have got the job done but it's the not to wise customer I feel sorry for, the ones that will not push their rights. Pensioners etc.

Had a right ding dong with dell support recently, had to spend an hour explaining that a monitor error could not cause a driver failure until they agreed to replace my motherboard. 99% of the population would have put up with Bob's "it is not my fault" routine.

Comment

Comet always have been absolute shyte. Once they have your money, they dont want to know.

Years ago, I bought a BSB satellite system (before they merged with sky). 12 hours after it was installed the box stopped working. Was without a system for 3 weeks while it had to be 'taken to the repair centre' to be fixed. In that time they only did collections and deliveries to my area on certain days!

After about the 3 or 4th time of the box breaking down I went to my local comet store and demanded a replacement box while mine was away being repaired again. The store manager flatly refused to help.

I ended up shouting out in the store not to buy anything as the after sales was rubbish.

I was on my 7th box before bsb and sky merged. I ****ed the whole thing off after that.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X