• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Countryfile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countryfile

Now showing in the evenings. I just watched an episode from end to end and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My two kids in bed sleeping soundly after a lovely day, and the missus waiting to go into labour with number 3. Life is good, I mean super fantastic. Couldn't be happier. Then again I couldn't ever see myself watching Countryfile from end to end. I'm 32. Is it normal to watch Countryfile at this age? What next? Cardigans? Slippers? Wine clubs?

Really spinning around at the moment. Guidance needed.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

You are far too young. Resign from cuk now.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You are far too young. Resign from cuk now.

HTH

I am an old 32 though. I do drink real ale and play darts.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        What next? Cardigans? Slippers? Wine clubs?
        Caravans

You think you've got problems. I reach the half-century mark this month.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Caravans

You think you've got problems. I reach the half-century mark this month.
          Half century.

HTH

Comment

Old man!

I reach 29+11 (can't bring myself to say 40) next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
              Old man!

I reach 29+11 (can't bring myself to say 40) next year.
              You just did!

Accept it, life begins etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                You just did!

Accept it, life begins etc.
                Pah.

I'll be holding on to my youth until they're peeling my fingernails away from it.

Comment

Now showing in the evenings. I just watched an episode from end to end and thoroughly enjoyed it.

My two kids in bed sleeping soundly after a lovely day, and the missus waiting to go into labour with number 3. Life is good, I mean super fantastic. Couldn't be happier. Then again I couldn't ever see myself watching Countryfile from end to end. I'm 32. Is it normal to watch Countryfile at this age? What next? Cardigans? Slippers? Wine clubs?

I was born and brought up in the country so it doesn't distress me too much to watch it.

I couldn't imagine not watching the weather for the week-ahead forecast though. I can't really explain that but I think that as you get older the weather forecast becomes more important.

Comment

Perhaps your taste is refining as you mature (it happens) and you are actively seeking out interesting content instead of the banal & puerile offerings littering the channels.

But I'm sorry to say an inevitable descent into 'grumpy old man' status in the most likely outcome

btw - great news on the impending 3rd sprog - & it sounds like you are enjoying every moment of it - savour the moments for they are sooo fleeting

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X