• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will I lose my SC clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I lose my SC clearance

Hi,

I'm new to this board and quite new to contracting and recently secured a contract. I have SC clearance which is a requirement in my current role.

On Sunday, being stupid, I was caught drink driving. If found guilty, does anyone know if I would lose my SC clearance. Or do I need to declare this to my current employer?

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.

Declare it. Your employer will more than likely find out anyway. I gained DV clearance with a lot more on my old crime record. Was told by my vetting officer to declare everything.
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by jay2009 View Post
      Hi,

I'm new to this board and quite new to contracting and recently secured a contract. I have SC clearance which is a requirement in my current role.

On Sunday, being stupid, I was caught drink driving. If found guilty, does anyone know if I would lose my SC clearance. Or do I need to declare this to my current employer?

Think you need to exercise your right of substitution ....pronto
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hi,

It is non of your clients business though it would be prudent to inform the people responsible for your clearance (not necessarily the client). You might want to enquire of the DVA what to do via their web site.

WHAT SORT OF ARSE DRINKS AND DRIVES THESE DAYS. Trade your driving licence in and get a bus pass you!
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
          Declare it. Your employer will more than likely find out anyway. I gained DV clearance with a lot more on my old crime record. Was told by my vetting officer to declare everything.
          WHS+1.

The gig with SC is to declare everything - it doesn't matter how trivial, how ridiculously small, they'll know.

Example: I was done for speeding in 1996, and in 2005 when it came to getting DV done, I'd completely forgotten about it. They asked me about it and I totally 'fessed up, providing them with details of the place, time and nature of the offence. It didn't make any difference to them about the nature of the conviction, it was the fact that I'd fessed up that mattered.

Comment

I can't answer this one rationally as I feel that drink drivers should be slowly disembowelled with a rusty spoon as I've directly suffered the consequences of a drunk driver.......

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              WHAT SORT OF ARSE DRINKS AND DRIVES THESE DAYS.
              Everyone who lives in the countryside surley, or how else do they get to/from the pub?
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                I can't answer this one rationally as I feel that drink drivers should be slowly disembowelled with a rusty spoon as I've directly suffered the consequences of a drunk driver.......
                Id agree - no reason for it full stop.

I hope he loses his job as thats the only thing that will make him realise -

Sorry thats cruel - but having seen what this does - there is no excuse - AT ALL!!

Comment

Hi,

You will be found guilty - if you are caught DD you always are.
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Hi,

Having been mown down by a drink driver myself I seriously hope you lost your job, suffer the stigma you deserve and lose contact with friends and family.

You deserve a lot more than this though.....

Comment

Working...
                    X