• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbour update – has she gone too far??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbour update – has she gone too far??

Background – while neighbour on holiday I happened to have time off work, so painted the eaves of the roof of my bungalow. My outside wall is at the edge of their drive. Being polite I said hello to her folks while they came round watering the plants which they clearly did not like. (Said ‘I can’t understand’ and scuttled inside).

They were back for 5 days before clocking the eaves were painted.

I went out in my car on Sat afternoon, saw the wench next door jumping around the front room looking at the car.

Came back – she was listening out for me, came to the edge of her drive, said ‘Did you wait until we were on holiday for the painting? I replied politely ‘I don’t want an argument, enjoy the rest of the afternoon’

Went into my back door, saw cat hurtling through catflap with the wench in fine form. Banging on the door, I refused to let her in. She was screaming:

1. You were trespassing
    2. Were you snooping?
    3. I am going to trespass on your garden. (Feel free I said, but may call the police)
    4. You call the police and I will show the camera footage. (Which does not exist or she would see me scrubbing paint off their car!)
    5. Do you like talking to my family members?
    6. Do you like small children?

Thankfully I think she realised she pushed it too far and disappeared. No idea where the small children thing came from, other than her 5 year old son is often in the window waving at me when I am in my front garden after attention that his parents don’t give him, hence known by locals as ‘the voice on a stick’.

Sensible and humerous coping mechanisms welcome…..

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    'Koff and die!

HTH

Comment

Sounds like you're a Jonah.

This is the second(at least) house where you've had problems with the neighbours.

Comment

Wilmslow (the area) sounds mightily unfriendly.

Unless of course you are Frank Spencer and have the ability to infuriate everyone you meet within seconds?

Comment

Background – while neighbour on holiday I happened to have time off work, so painted the eaves of the roof of my bungalow. My outside wall is at the edge of their drive. Being polite I said hello to her folks while they came round watering the plants which they clearly did not like. (Said ‘I can’t understand’ and scuttled inside).

I went out in my car on Sat afternoon, saw the wench next door jumping around the front room looking at the car.

Came back – she was listening out for me, came to the edge of her drive, said ‘Did you wait until we were on holiday for the painting? I replied politely ‘I don’t want an argument, enjoy the rest of the afternoon’

Went into my back door, saw cat hurtling through catflap with the wench in fine form. Banging on the door, I refused to let her in. She was screaming:

1. You were trespassing
          2. Were you snooping?
          3. I am going to trespass on your garden. (Feel free I said, but may call the police)
          4. You call the police and I will show the camera footage. (Which does not exist or she would see me scrubbing paint off their car!)

Thankfully I think she realised she pushed it too far and disappeared. No idea where the small children thing came from, other than her 5 year old son is often in the window waving at me when I am in my front garden after attention that his parents don’t give him, hence known by locals as ‘the voice on a stick’.

It sounds like you live next door to a "vexatious litigant". She/they will file legal proceedings for even the most minor and trivial thing. A mate of mine went through the same thing a few years back. They thrive on it, while making others' lives a misery.

TBH I'd move.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Wilmsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,

would you care to elaborate on,

' (Which does not exist or she would see me scrubbing paint off their car!)',

Milan.

Comment

1. You were trespassing
              2. Were you snooping?

You are Gordon Brown AICMFP

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                Wilmsooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow,

would you care to elaborate on,

' (Which does not exist or she would see me scrubbing paint off their car!)',

Milan.
                Yeah, how can "accidental paint spillage" spell "DIE BITCH" and "HOW MUCH FOR THE LITTLE BOY?"

Comment

.....while neighbour on holiday I happened to have time off work, so painted the eaves of the roof of my bungalow.......

.....or she would see me scrubbing paint off their car!
                  you don't ask for permission for access, you spill paint over someone elses car and you want advice on how to deal with the victim?

Reckon there's more about you Wilmslow that we don't know and it ain't nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
                    you don't ask for permission for access, you spill paint over someone elses car and you want advice on how to deal with the victim?

Reckon there's more about you Wilmslow that we don't know and it ain't nice.
                    In fairness only a couple of small splashes on the windscreen which I have dealt with.

The point being I had a few days off work, wanted to use the time to paint my house, neighbour on holiday without telling me so I could not ask for access rights which I have anyway. Tried to tell her folks who refused to talk to me. Sanded paint, primed and painted with no mess whatsoever, used dust sheets, so they have noting to complain about.

A few weeks ago I went round to clear the gutters and she was very confrontational. Hence I was pleased when she was away when I wanted to paint this time as it would have been mega drama.

Think she is traumatised at me being in her drive, she used to be noisuly in the garden clattering away - since back she is reclusing in the house, which gives me peace. Until she flips and comes beating the door down because the laurel hedge is not giving off any old leaves to throw over the fence!

Comment

Working...
                    X