• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BNP Win - What ya think?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BNP Win - What ya think?

Lowest turn out - they got less votes then previous, yet its meant to be bad!

Like they will get anywhere or make any credible changes.

True but with a manifesto so odious, do we want them anywhere near our laws?

Comment

In a perverse way it's a good thing, they will make fools of themselves and it will also focus the minds of the mainstream parties.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It depends which area of their policy they decide to target.
        There are other far right MEPs that they will band together with.
        The most likely area they may have any success is immigration and asylum as there is mainstream concern in these areas too.

If they get enough press they make themseves unellectable again.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          True but with a manifesto so odious, do we want them anywhere near our laws?
          Do you find all their policy odious or certain bits more than others?

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

As I was talking about on the other thread. Nick Griffin on membership to the BNP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSrw9NcBtOc

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
              Do you find all their policy odious or certain bits more than others?
              the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.

From the BNP manifesto - possibly the most odious piece.

Comment

Grrr - he was elected in my area.... most disappointing
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                  the introduction of a system of voluntary resettlement whereby those immigrants who are legally here will be afforded the opportunity to return to their lands of ethnic origin assisted by generous financial incentives both for individuals and for the countries in question.

From the BNP manifesto - possibly the most odious piece.
                  That particular piece of legislation has been on the statute books since 1971. It is not a new BNP proposal. They are just expanding it and offering better financial incentive.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

They are winning votes because they are focussing on the seive like border controls and the open promotion of multi culturalism at the expense of the indigenous population of the UK.

Asylum seekers and overseas immigrants are usually housed at taxpayers expense in the poore parts of the UK rather than at the back door of your average MP.

They are therefore getting their support from working class people who have to live day to day with the influx of immigrants, many of who cannot speak English and apparently go straight into the welfare system.

The repatriation of Blacks, the banning of Black people from being members of their own party are glazed over. In my view they are picking up votes because of the failure of our immigration systems.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X