• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When do you expect hyper-inflation to kick in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you expect hyper-inflation to kick in?

Blanchflower (former BoE policy maker) says BofE may expand UK money-printing...

bloomberg article

I am genuinely scared that the people in charge are going to keep going for the easy option (QE, or printing money) until suddenly the hyper-inflation kicks off, and then it'll be too late to do anything about it.
    Next month
    0.00%
    September
    16.00%
    Next year
    32.00%
    Never - the Tories will prevent this, and soon.
    36.00%
    Who is AndyW?
    16.00%

The poll is expired.

Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Make it a poll.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

It will be at 2:30 on a Tuesday afternoon.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        Blanchflower (former BoE policy maker) says BofE may expand UK money-printing...

bloomberg article

I am genuinely scared that the people in charge are going to keep going for the easy option (QE, or printing money) until suddenly the hyper-inflation kicks off, and then it'll be too late to do anything about it.
        I believe it takes 6 months or so for the true effects of QE to be felt. They started running the presses mid march, so around mid September.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          Make it a poll.
          Done it. My Poll virginity is over
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

If it means my earnings in Euros rocket against the pound then the sooner the better!
            I am hoping that my entire mortgage will become one months work.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post

bloomberg article

In normal conditions it would have happened, however, you are neglecting the fact that spending is not kicking in because of the recession and it probably won't in the near future, and the powerful deflationary force coming from globalisation and delocalisation into cheaper labour markets. So it is quite possible that the quantitative easing measures are just offset by the two other forces and no-inflation is kicking in. It surely will but probably in the very long term when the above two factors will be wiped out.
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                If it means my earnings in Euros rocket against the pound then the sooner the better!
                Yes, but that also will mean that your house is one month work worth.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

QE Questions

Has QE ever been tried previously in the UK??

What happens if it doesn't work??

How will we know??

What will we need to do to rectify??

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                    Yes, that's right, we'll all be on £10,000 per day when inflation kicks in.

Comment

Working...
                    X