• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Electric Guitar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Guitar

Back to the important subject.

Might be getting a second guitar for use in our Rockabilly band. I was toying between an Epiphone ES 175 and 355.

Of course there are some more expensive guitars like Gretsch and Ibanez.

Any thoughts.

I have a Rickenbacker 330 which is good but would be good to supplement the sound with two guitars. At the moment it would either be two acoustic or one acoustic plus the Rick.
    I'm alright Jack

you need gretsch

personally, i'd be after an 6120 or a white falcon but you'd probably want one of the setzers

http://www.gretschguitars.com/briansetzer/

because you're worth it.

or something.

Comment

I have a Hohner Rockwood (I think that's the name). Cost me 25 quid. I had a more expensive guitar before but the Rockwood always sounded better to me, so the moral is that expensive is not always better.
      Bored.

Comment

You sod. You've got me thinking about a semi-acoustic now (never had one and they're starting to sound really mellow to my ageing ears. Nice)

Comment

why not have 2

I have a solid body Les Paulish type of guitar a Rickenbacker semi-acoustic and now I'm looking for a more mellow guitar I can do Jazz on but also raucous
          Rockabilly.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

i prefer the term semi-solid for electrics.

Comment

I have a lovely PRS Hollowbody (because I AM worth it) but it wouldn't be much cop for Rockabilly.

Both Cort and Peerless Semi's get a good write up, but with all guitars, I'd want to try it before buying (more fun that way)
              'elf and safety guru

Comment

Don't tempt me - I never play anymore really, however I really ought to.

Always fancied getting into jazz as it seems quite involved harmonically, have you got any resources you'd recommend for getting to grips with the theory etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                  Don't tempt me - I never play anymore really, however I really ought to.

Always fancied getting into jazz as it seems quite involved harmonically, have you got any resources you'd recommend for getting to grips with the theory etc.?
                  this can be got for under £500:
                  http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thavenuep.htm

i can't be bothered with reading. listen and play - it's much more fun.

Comment

ah, this old board gets more and more like home every day! now, if only i could get o/hopper back on talking about his buzzers

you know what you want bb, it can only be a gibson 335. time was i would have sold you mine but not now! beautiful honeyed tones from the old girl...would make you weep.

Comment

Working...
                    X