• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coping strategies please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coping strategies please

I report to a storm trooper type with breathtaking passive aggressiveness. The atmosphere is palpable. I have clearly offended her in some way, and it is now her sole purpose to make my life a misery.

They have an internal timesheet I am asked to complete each day. Last week I ran out of things to do, and told her. She said she did not have time to sort and then went on holiday. In her absence I let her boss know (by email) that I had nothing to do. He said he would sort. There were a couple of days last week where I genuinely had nothing to do.

These gaps have arrived at head of department level, and he has clearly been kicking arses. When put on the spot, both "managers" feigned suprise that I had nothing to do. Do I pull the email trail out of the hat or what?

Her words today, "Can I just check you had nothing to do for these two days"

"Yes, that's right"

"Oh, that suprises me. We can't let this happen again."

"If I am not asked to do anything, what choice do I have? I even documented a list of my recommendations for things I could do for you"

It went on, and to be honest, it was in what she "didn't say" rather than what she did, but the accusations were clearly there.

I hate passive aggressive people. It really rubs me up the wrong way, and when I leave at the end of the day I feel like crap.

Anyone had similar? What did you do?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

There was no reason for you to to higher management.

what sort of idiot are you? You brought this on yourself.

You are a contractor! thats means billing silently if the client cant be arsed to find things for you todo!!

TM

Comment

Do as you write in your sig.

Comment

Cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          I report to a storm trooper type with breathtaking passive aggressiveness. The atmosphere is palpable. I have clearly offended her in some way, and it is now her sole purpose to make my life a misery.

They have an internal timesheet I am asked to complete each day. Last week I ran out of things to do, and told her. She said she did not have time to sort and then went on holiday. In her absence I let her boss know (by email) that I had nothing to do. He said he would sort. There were a couple of days last week where I genuinely had nothing to do.

These gaps have arrived at head of department level, and he has clearly been kicking arses. When put on the spot, both "managers" feigned suprise that I had nothing to do. Do I pull the email trail out of the hat or what?

Her words today, "Can I just check you had nothing to do for these two days"

"Yes, that's right"

"Oh, that suprises me. We can't let this happen again."

"If I am not asked to do anything, what choice do I have? I even documented a list of my recommendations for things I could do for you"

It went on, and to be honest, it was in what she "didn't say" rather than what she did, but the accusations were clearly there.

I hate passive aggressive people. It really rubs me up the wrong way, and when I leave at the end of the day I feel like crap.

Anyone had similar? What did you do?
          My recommendation, m'sieur? Pack your bags, you're going on a guilt trip.

Sorry.

HTH

Comment

I wouldn't recommended trying to gain the higher ground by digging out your email evidence. Let it pass. Carry on. If they're not happy they'll bin you soon enough but it will happen a lot sooner if you go down the route it sounds like you're thinking about.
            Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
              Do as you write in your sig.
              good mantra! Shame he stole it from someone else... lol

Comment

I've been out-Wilmslowed!
                OK which of you created this gormless twat?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I've been out-Wilmslowed!
                  OK which of you created this gormless twat?
                  Sadly, I think this twunt is for real.

Comment

Can you invoice?
                    Yes = no problem
                    No = find another gig quickly
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X