• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

As requested, Ford Focus update…..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As requested, Ford Focus update…..

Driving along bypass slowing down for a roundabout yesterday evening on my way to my regular Monday aerobics Body Attack class.

Felt a loud clunking noise, and accelerator did not engage when I stepped on it trying to get round the roundabout.

Looked in rear mirror, something flying ocross the road. Cars around me braked and avoided me.

It felt like my brake had fallen off.

Pulled over, spent ages looking over the wheels and underneath the car, picked up the bonnet, all seems ok.

Drove back up and down the road, saw some gibbons on the road, I can only assume I drove directly over this which will have affected the handling and caused the clonking noise. Drove from Cheshire to Yorkshire ok, so all seems well again.

Got me twitchy enough to buy a platinum car warranty though.

Well, update was requested……

Body Attack was fantastic, some top totty

you ran over some gibbons?

Comment

EO - is that you?
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Body Attack was fantastic, some top totty
        Do you not think you should come out of the closet and admit that it was a "Men only" session?

Comment

Gibbons can do that to a car - were they the "funky" variety?
          Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
            Gibbons can do that to a car - were they the "funky" variety?
            Not to be confused with "Gubbins", they're really evil bastards them "Gubbins"!!!

Comment

Ever heard of taking it to a garage so they can have a look underneath?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Ever heard of taking it to a garage so they can have a look underneath?
                Can mechanics really do anything for a poorly gibbon?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Drove back up and down the road, saw some gibbons on the road, I can only assume I drove directly over this which will have affected the handling and caused the clonking noise. Drove from Cheshire to Yorkshire ok, so all seems well again.
                  You drove over some gibbons! They are protected you know, although with their black and white fur I can understand how they may have blended into the road...
                  You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

...Felt a loud clunking noise...
                    How exactly do you 'feel' a noise??
                    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                    X