• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you getting the new iPhone 3G s?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you getting the new iPhone 3G s?

It seems a very, small, incremental upgrade and very little point in upgrading.
    The old ones are getting the OS upgrade as well...
    Just curious though...

It now has a 3mp camera which was my main bugbear and the only reason I never got one, need to see a review before I'm swayed.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      It now has a 3mp camera which was my main bugbear and the only reason I never got one, need to see a review before I'm swayed.
      Full'ish details here

Tariffs from O2 here
      Last edited by DaveB; 9 June 2009, 11:03.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Full'ish details here

Tariffs from O2 here
        Reading those details, it actually looks like a bigger update than i'd thought. Some good stuff in there. Liking the "tap to focus" thing.

Comment

Nope won't be upgrading. In fact I'm having arguments with O2 at the moment about coming off the iPhone due to their tulip network & support.

The phone shows a full 3G signal yet calls go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing. Call O2 and their solution is a simple one, Turn off 3G

Giong back to good old Nokia & Vodafone.

Comment

Nope,

Pap phone on a pap network.......
            Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC1408 View Post
              Nope won't be upgrading. In fact I'm having arguments with O2 at the moment about coming off the iPhone due to their tulip network & support.

The phone shows a full 3G signal yet calls go straight to voicemail without the phone ringing. Call O2 and their solution is a simple one, Turn off 3G

Giong back to good old Nokia & Vodafone.
              Is this still a problem? I've been googling and it seems to be a common issue when you're using the web browser over 3G, my Nokia doesn't do this and I'm on O2, a simple software fix surely??

Most people say switch off 3G when you're not using it, hardly a fix though. If this is still the case with the 'S' I won't bother.

BTW I’ve been on O2 for a few years now and the coverage seems far better than Orange ever was.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I’ve been on O2 for a few years now and the coverage seems far better than Orange ever was.
                Which is another reason why I want to get the new iPhone

Comment

Is this still a problem? I've been googling and it seems to be a common issue when you're using the web browser over 3G, my Nokia doesn't do this and I'm on O2, a simple software fix surely??

Most people say switch off 3G when you're not using it, hardly a fix though. If this is still the case with the 'S' I won't bother.

BTW I’ve been on O2 for a few years now and the coverage seems far better than Orange ever was.

Still a problem and neither O2 or Apple are admitting fault .

either getting the E75 or N97 on Vodafone next month .

Comment

Ma iPhone is on vodafone -

I don't like to loose..
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X