• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cowboy bizness mashups update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy bizness mashups update

<RANT>

-they finally have their system as stable as possible
    -testing of attachment transfer betweens systems starts tomorrow
    -their proposed solution is to use a script to ftp attachments from my system to their etch-a-sketch "no developers required" piece of tulipe via a remote ftp location (their system cannot handle attachments any other way )
    -as today is the day before testing their PM decided it would be sensible to test firewalls are open..they aren't
    -their firewall team have said they are backed up and it will take 4-6 weeks to open up port 21 between the 2 locations

bunch of feckin cowboys

</RANT>
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    <RANT>

-their proposed solution is to use a script to ftp attachments from my system to their etch-a-sketch "no developers required" piece of tulipe via a remote ftp location (their system cannot handle attachments any other way )
    -as today is the day before testing their PM decided it would be sensible to test firewalls are open..they aren't
    -their firewall team have said they are backed up and it will take 4-6 weeks to open up port 21 between the 2 locations

bunch of flipin cowboys

</RANT>
    On the plus side thats another 4-6 weeks added to your extension
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Chill dude, its Friday tomorrow. Beer gardens lakes and mountains for me. Wifey is coming over woo hoo.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Chill dude, its Friday tomorrow. .
        What timezone are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Chill dude, its Friday tomorrow. Beer gardens lakes and mountains for me. Wifey is coming over woo hoo.
          WOW... I have lost a couple of days....... What have I been doing.... Last thing I remember it was Tuesday afternoon.......

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            What timezone are you in?
            planet, on.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

haha

Germany has Corpus Christi day tomorrow and so it's another national holiday , as usual most german's take the friday off as a bridging holiday

so it's another 3 day week but sadly just 3 days pay

although gf chef is driving down to visit for a week

.. so i guess it works out well. BBQ by the river, cycling round the lake, beer gardens and sun.

Life isn't just about work and money for Chef

Comment

haha

Germany has Corpus Christi day tomorrow and so it's another national holiday , as usual most german's take the friday off as a bridging holiday

so it's another 3 day week but sadly just 3 days pay

although gf chef is driving down to visit for a week

.. so i guess it works out well. BBQ by the river, cycling round the lake, beer gardens and sun.

Life isn't just about work and money for Chef
                My payment is based on deliverables and I just finished something that needs to be in next Friday. Think I will spend next week getting in front for the next deliverable. 2 weeks off in August looking good.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

<RANT>

bunch of flipin cowboys

</RANT>
                  Those that take the firewall team to the pub afterwards if they make this minor change promptly will prevail.

HTH
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Those that take the firewall team to the pub afterwards if they make this minor change promptly will prevail.

HTH
                    they're in Finland and the pub is most likely the reason it'sgonna take 6 weeks to do the job

Comment

Working...
                    X