• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The goal posts are about to move

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The goal posts are about to move

So if you are about to be hammered in the election - change the rules!

Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

There has never been any level to which Labour will not stoop. They have ruined everything about the UK so why stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      There has never been any level to which Labour will not stoop. They have ruined everything about the UK so why stop.
      They have not "ruined everything" what a load of arse you talk sometimes. They are a bunch of inept losers, but we've had Tory governments like that too.

It is a bit ironic that they seem to have suddenly remembered their promise to review the electoral system.

Comment

Peoplesoft Bloke wrote L They have not "ruined everything" what a load of arse you talk sometimes
        Hear Hear !

I couldn't agree more !

The economy is in fine, fighting shape.

The housing market is buoyant and 1st time buyers have no problems getting a loan.

We have a wonderful, cohesive systems of laws implemented in the EU that really do understand the microeconomic factors of the UK.

Crime is at an all time low.

The public services are awash with money and there's no need to cut anything back.

The UK Transport infrastructure is also "world class".

There are more jobs than people (and no imported labour)

The Army has the best kit in the world.

Tax is fair.

Gordon Brown has saved the Universe.

And you are Gordon Brown in disguise. Because he is fekking delusional as well.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
          Hear Hear !

I couldn't agree more !

The economy is in fine, fighting shape.

The housing market is buoyant and 1st time buyers have no problems getting a loan.

We have a wonderful, cohesive systems of laws implemented in the EU that really do understand the microeconomic factors of the UK.

Crime is at an all time low.

The public services are awash with money and there's no need to cut anything back.

The UK Transport infrastructure is also "world class".

There are more jobs than people (and no imported labour)

The Army has the best kit in the world.

Tax is fair.

Gordon Brown has saved the Universe.

And you are Gordon Brown in disguise. Because he is fekking delusional as well.
          You are fekkin delusional if you think any government has the power to influence most of that stuff. The key word is "everything" and they haven't.

Comment

What is the government for then ?

The list above are just some of the things the existing government was supposed to control and improve. Each of them was on the manifesto.

Let's not split hairs.

The Government = Epic Fail.

Who put the government there ?

Labour Voters.
            Last edited by Board Game Geek; 9 June 2009, 22:53.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

The list above are just some of the things the existing government was supposed to control and improve. Each of them was on the manifesto.

Let's not split hairs.

Labour Voters.
              I don't disagree - but that's not the same as saying they have ruined everything. Previous governments (not all of them Labour) have done some pretty good balls ups too.

I didn't vote for this government, and I'm voting Tory next time on the single issue of ID cards, but I don't realistically expect the Tories to make everything wonderful (or ruin everything) in the UK - that'd be nuts.

I appreciate my view challenges the cosy concensus on this board that Tory governments are always wonderful and blameless and never spend any money or increase taxes, but someone has to add an occasional dose of reality in amongst the Tory automatons like CyberTory who would vote for a (dead) donkey if it was wearing a blue rosette.

Comment

Let's not split hairs.

Labour Voters.
                Hating them as much as the next man (And that's pretty much everyone atm) but ...

The housing market isn't ****ed because of labour - we had bigger housing crashes under the tories. It's ****ed because of greedy bankers, deregulation and problems in the US housing market - I genuinely don't think the tories would have made a blind bit of difference to that bit.

Same with the EU, we're part of it - we get the laws. Only way to avoid that is pull out, and if the tories had tried that they'd have fell apart at the seams (They almost did).

I reckon the tories would have been as bad, but labour's time is well and truly up, time for a change. If that change means more choices than two tulip parties then I'm personally all for it - cause I've never been happy with either party and our current system that basically means I get no say in how the country is run.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Labour Voters.
                  The voting public.

Some of whom voted tory before, and will go back to voting them again. And maybe got put off in the middle by how attrociously bad the tories were back then (I'd put them on a par with labour now).

What was you're point with that statement exactly?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Let's not split hairs.

Labour Voters.
                    Nope, it wasn't labour voters, it was lack of voters for other parties! The same thing that gave the BNP their seats!

Comment

Working...
                    X