• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone directory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone directory

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06...nectivity_ico/

The UK data watchdog has given the green light to a controversial directory of millions of mobile phone numbers, which launches next week.
    Now that's annoying. Luckily a little bit of research:

http://www.118800.co.uk/privacy-policy.html

8. Becoming ex-directory
    You can become ex-directory by texting the letter ‘E’ to 118800 from the mobile phone that you want to be made ex-directory. Standard network charges apply. Or you can call us on 118 800 or 0800 138 6263 from the phone you want to be made ex-directory. But remember that 0800 calls will be charged by your mobile phone company. The first time 118 800 contacts you please note that you will be sent an SMS reminding you about how to become ex-directory. Please allow 4 weeks for your details to be made ex-directory
    Job's a good one.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

I heard this described on the radio today. Apparently, they have managed to create a database from information that is already available.

You phone up the new service and ask for someone's mobile number - if they have the number they will then phone the person and ask if they want to be connected to you. Only if the recipient agrees do they connect you. I am not sure you even get the mobile number.

As the original caller you pay 50p + 40p per minute - usual extortionate 118-type charges.
    "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
    X