• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What on earth is going on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What on earth is going on?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6466430.ece

Met Police accused of 'waterboarding' suspects. At the moment these are allegations. I wouldn´t put it past them though.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Met Police accused of 'waterboarding' suspects. At the moment these are allegations. I wouldn´t put it past them though.
    Me neither.

The Police in this country are out of control.

Comment

The Water Board tortured me recently when they tried to bill me for 1 years worth of water rates from my ex tennancy which I did not owe as I was not there.

Thankyou Thames Water and my crooked ex-landlord.

On a more serious note I didn't read the peice properly but if police are using Chinese Water torture techniques soft or hard style and then someone chokes of sufficates/drowns then I hope the pigs get life.

Comment

Is it possible that an organised gang of criminals have a pre arranged plan to accuse the police of this kind of behaviour to give them a get out of jail free card?
        I will reserve judgement for later.

I am not saying it is not true, but I am not raving just yet.
        I did believe the police in the Menezes case and it turns out they lied through their teeth on that one and seem to have gotten away with it.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Is it possible that an organised gang of criminals have a pre arranged plan to accuse the police of this kind of behaviour to give them a get out of jail free card?
          I will reserve judgement for later.

I am not saying it is not true, but I am not raving just yet.
          I did believe the police in the Menezes case and it turns out they lied through their teeth on that one and seem to have gotten away with it.
          They also weren't immediately forthcoming in the Stephen Lawrence case or the case of that guy they beat up at the protests, or the case of the woman they smashed around her legs. In the past I would have believed the police too, but unfortunately they've used up all their credits and although these are indeed 'allegations' which are yet to be proven, as I say, I wouldn't put it past them.

Whether it's true or not, as Churchill says, the Met police are out of control; the fact that these claims are now so readily believable is a result of their actions over the last few years. It´s time for a competent home secretary who will reform them from top to bottom and clear out the rot.

Comment

They also weren't immediately forthcoming in the Stephen Lawrence case or the case of that guy they beat up at the protests, or the case of the woman they smashed around her legs. In the past I would have believed the police too, but unfortunately they've used up all their credits and although these are indeed 'allegations' which are yet to be proven, as I say, I wouldn't put it past them.

Whether it's true or not, as Churchill says, the Met police are out of control; the fact that these claims are now so readily believable is a result of their actions over the last few years. It´s time for a competent home secretary
            When was the last time you saw one of them? I reckon Roy Jenkins but most of you may not remember him.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              When was the last time you saw one of them? I reckon Roy Jenkins but most of you may not remember him.
              Hmmm, yep, but we live in hope.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                then I hope the pigs get life.
                Yeah, right, in this country we have a great record of locking up coppers who kill citizens.

EDIT: to be fair, I was convinced that this copper would get off scott-free but he was jailed.
                Last edited by Platypus; 10 June 2009, 09:20.

Comment

They were thinking "What would Gene Hunt do?"
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    They were thinking "What would Gene Hunt do?"
                    I'd waterboard the bastards.

Comment

Working...
                    X