• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Project Managers about.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Project Managers about.....

Hi people,

Are there any experienced Project Managers about as I have interview for pm role which is step up for me and could do with some practical advice.....

Thanks

Just learn to waffle on by saying what could actually be said in a few words in a few hundred words. Also use words like 'streamline', 'deliverables' and 'requirements' a lot and set up LOADs of unnecessary meetings - then go and play connect 4 on your mobile on the bog.

That's what I've observed most PM's do wherever I've worked.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Project-Mana...4627727&sr=8-3

Chuck a few buzzwords from this book in your conversation. Jobs a good-un
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

drone on about the importance of communication and making your stakeholders

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Project-Mana...4627727&sr=8-3

Chuck a few buzzwords from this book in your conversation. Jobs a good-un
          Believe it or not, this is about as much as you need to know to be a PM.
          Granted, there are good and bad PMs, but it's nothing to do with qualifications. Some people are just good managers of people/projects, and some are not, regardless of what course they've been on.

Comment

I think you should tell where it is in order we can provide specific advice to that organisation / industry
            "take me to your leader"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
              drone on and on and on
              Sorry just corrected that

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder View Post
                I think you should tell where it is in order we can provide specific advice to that organisation / industry
                Bring back the vibrating avatar!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Never take responsibility for anything, blame others for you own faults, bulltulip about stuff you know nothing about and above all be an arrogant twunt.

That's what PM Junkie does.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Bring back the vibrating avatar!
                    You're right; tis done. Original work is better than retro reuse.
                    "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
                    X