• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On CUK? Here's some good advice.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On CUK? Here's some good advice.

Stop whinging about Britain, Labour, governments, house prices, recession, Ford Focus's, TV programmes and get on with life.

HTH

PS. And I won't even charge for this advice.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Stop whinging about Britain, Labour, governments, house prices, recession, Ford Focus's, TV programmes and get on with life...
    in Swindon?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      in Swindon?
      Stop being negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        in Swindon?
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Stop being negative.
          Stop living in a tuliphole.

Comment

But what if I'm being negative about being negative. Those two negatives make a positive, but I'm still being negative. If there are more negative things around than positive then perhaps it is best to be negative about everything so that all the negatives become positive and the few positives become negative meaning an overall shift to being positive by being negative.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              But what if I'm being negative about being negative. Those two negatives make a positive, but I'm still being negative. If there are more negative things around than positive then perhaps it is best to be negative about everything so that all the negatives become positive and the few positives become negative meaning an overall shift to being positive by being negative.
              Not in all logic systems.

Comment

Are you positive you are being negative?

I'm positively fed-up with negativity.

Comment

I'm only negative in the fashion of the Stoic philosophers, like Seneca. By assuming that everything will be tulip I spare myself dissappointment. Optimism can only result in a feeling of being let down.

Comment

By the way DP , is Billie Piper from Swindon ?

Comment

Working...
                    X