• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Receiving commission for years after initial introduction - OFT in court case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiving commission for years after initial introduction - OFT in court case

I personally know contractors who have been in the same job for 10 years + and the recruitment agencies are still being paid hefty commissions for doing not a lot.

I was interested to read that the Office of Fair Trading launched the proceedings against Foxtons (for ongoing commission payments) in February 2008 under the 1999 Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations, the same legislation which it has successfully used to challenge overdraft fees imposed by banks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1676412.html

Also, do you know how much commission your recruitment agency is taking? I would be curious to know the industry average.

Working...
X