• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Phone Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Phone Recommendations

Coming up for contract renewal

Must haves : wifi, modem, good mp3 player, oh and making phone calls

short list

Sony X1
    Blackberry Bold
    Nokia N96
    iphone ??

Have tried looking online for reviews, but most seem to be written by 13 yr olds stating how cool the iphone is and how rubbish phone x, y, z is.

Any actual user experiences of any of the above (apart from the iphone - plenty around in the office)

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Coming up for contract renewal

Must haves : wifi, modem, good mp3 player, oh and making phone calls

short list

Sony X1
    Blackberry Bold
    Nokia N96
    iphone ??

Have tried looking online for reviews, but most seem to be written by 13 yr olds stating how cool the iphone is and how rubbish phone x, y, z is.

Any actual user experiences of any of the above (apart from the iphone - plenty around in the office)
    Well to be honest I normally ask for money on contract renewal... but as times are hard I suppose "payment in kind" is an option.........

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
      short list

Sony X1
      Blackberry Bold
      Nokia N96
      iphone ??
      Considered any of the current HTC devices (like the Touch Diamond2) or the new Palm Pre?
      Last edited by voodooflux; 10 June 2009, 10:49. Reason: Added link to the Touch Diamond2
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

cnet has good solid reviews of most new kit.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

nokia n97

Released this week.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...#/main/landing
          The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

How about a retro phone?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How about a proper contractor's phone?
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Hold out for the Palm Pre and the iPhone 3GS. I believe they may blow the competition out of the water.

I have the Blackberry Bold. I don't rate it. Forget the Storm, you'll be returning it to the store in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                  I have the Blackberry Bold. I don't rate it.
                  Howcome?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    I have the Blackberry Bold. I don't rate it. Forget the Storm, you'll be returning it to the store in a week.
                    How come?

Except it doesn't match OPs spec of WiFi......

Comment

Working...
                    X