• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Throwing it all away...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throwing it all away...

Israel woman 'bins $1m mattress'
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8092942.stm

A Tel Aviv woman has been searching through Israeli rubbish dumps after she said she accidentally threw away a mattress containing $1m (£700,000).

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

A fool is easily parted with their cash.
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Someone in Doncaster did something similar. Her hubby used to hide cash he'd earned on the black in the sofa. She went out one day and bought a new three piece as a surprise.

You bet he was surprised!
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

The provincial government of North Holland did something similar. They sent 10 million euros to a website known as icesave and won't see it again. Still, only taxpayers' money, so who cares?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Israel woman 'bins $1m mattress'
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8092942.stm

A Tel Aviv woman has been searching through Israeli rubbish dumps after she said she accidentally threw away a mattress containing $1m (£700,000).

I bet she found the money and is pretending to have chucked the mattress away.

Comment

Pah!

I bet she spent it all and is just saying that......

PZZ

Comment

I bet

She has my accountant
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I saw the thread title and I thought you'd gone all Phil Collins for a second. Just like the dimwit Iraeli lady, Phil is also much in need of a bullet in the head.
                Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
                  I saw the thread title and I thought you'd gone all Phil Collins for a second.
                  Well each day at ClientCo is "Another Day in Paradise".
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    Well each day at ClientCo is "Another Day in Paradise".
                    Still contracting, against all odds.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X