• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things you never do, because of peer pressure.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things you never do, because of peer pressure.

1. Drink a small beer (ie half) in a British pub. Never bothers me abroad.

2. Go for a (genuine) massage. Well, tbh, how do you get a genuine massage outside of Istanbul?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

No problem, I have no peers

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      2. Go for a (genuine) massage. Well, tbh, how do you get a genuine massage outside of Istanbul?
      Women don't have problems getting a genuine massage.

Go dressed as a women, sorted.

HTH
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I can't think of anything. Unless I don't do it for that reason unwittingly

Comment

Drinking out of a small beer glass and being massaged by a man is acceptable for Southerners, elsewhere it is seen as Gay.

HTH
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Masturbate in public, I mean apparently it's not the done thing....

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Women don't have problems getting a genuine massage.

Go dressed as a women, sorted.

HTH
              I tried that once. They charged me an extra £20.

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
                Masturbate in public, I mean apparently it's not the done thing....

Gordon Brown does, apparently he's a big ******
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I dislike English beer now, so to be polite, at a push, I'll have a half.

At the bicycle races they often have a tent where they have some tables set up and give 'free' massages. They are to be recommended.

Anyways, why care what people think? That path is quite sad. One should always remember that separation from what is pleasing is suffering.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    I dislike English beer now, so to be polite, at a push, I'll have a half.
                    I went off English beer when Bass bought all my local pubs and forced their brands on us.

Quite frankly, when in England I prefer a decent pot of tea, and consider that a treat, as you can't get one hereabouts.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X