• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown promises electoral reform

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown promises electoral reform

Not content with messing up the country now, Brown makes attempt to f**k things up for future governments too.

"However, he was willing to abandon the first-past-the-post for an alternative system only if there is "broad consensus in the country" thought to mean a referendum."

What a pathetic and immoral attempt at distracting voters from the collapse of the Labor party.
    Bored.

Need to reform though

The current system actually favours Labour in terms of bang per vote.

LibDems will be the beneficiaries.

However, any reform would lead to a great frequency of hung parliaments.

Will love that.

Just think a Labour/Green Alliance

or even better

Tory/UKIP/BNP

I am moving to Sweeden, I might even take the wife

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

How will they determine is there is a broad consensus? referendum? or will be just be told?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        How will they determine is there is a broad consensus? referendum? or will be just be told?
        Referendum also funfairs, circuses, gladiators, free money - anything you want, Brown's the daddy & he's got presents.
        Bored.

Comment

Brown has promised to hold a referendum

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            Brown has promised to lose the election

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              Referendum also funfairs, circuses, gladiators, free money - anything you want, Brown's the daddy & he's got presents.
              Gladiators. hmmmm. I fancy seeing Chavsea and Mantwatchester united fighting to the death. With a bit of luck there will be no survivors.

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                Brown has promised to hold a referendum

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8092235.stm

He promised a consultation on changing the voting system - but he said there were "no plans" for a referendum on this issue before the next election.
                He will ask people who will give the right answer, then tell us what the answer is.

A bit like consulting IT industry representatives on the skills shortage and the need for a visa programme: i.e. asking EDS and Accenture if they'd like more cheap labour. You'll get the answer you want, with the endorsement of proper consultation.

Comment

Gladiators. hmmmm. I fancy seeing Chavsea and Mantwatchester united fighting to the death. With a bit of luck there will be no survivors.
                  Didn't I read that Prince Harry has been recently allegedly shagging a Gladiatorix?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                    I am moving to Sweeden, I might even take the wife

From behind? In doggy style?

Comment

Working...
                    X