• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed: IT workers 'find employment'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed: IT workers 'find employment'

Linky:

Half of technology professionals say that they have been able to find work within three months.

That's according to a new poll from recruitment consultancy First Point, which suggested that just 16 per cent of candidates are taking a year or more to start a job.

Tom Fahey, managing director of First Point, told the news provider: 'Information technology remains a key business need across all industries.

'The fact that both permanent and temporary workers continue to find work in a short period of time demonstrates the value placed upon skilled personnel.'
    Excuse me, but isn't this the same as:

- Half of technology professionals have been unable to find work within three months.

- Over one in six are taking a year or more to start a job.
    If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Originally posted by Numpty View Post
    Linky:

- Half of technology professionals have been unable to find work within three months.

Yes. As he said, "both permanent and temporary workers continue to find work in a short period of time". Don't be so impatient!

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty View Post
      Linky:

Yes. But its better than all of us being out of work.

Comment

Try working in manufacturing

Not pretty

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Should that statement read:

"Half of technology professionals say that they have been able to find work within three months... with vastly reduced rates”.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            Should that statement read:

"Half of technology professionals say that they have been able to find work within three months... as KFC continue to open outlets nationwide”.
            Fixed it for you.

HTH

Comment

Over one in six are taking a year or more to start a job.
              "I am de one in six" UB40
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Working...
              X