• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who here has seen real war action?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here has seen real war action?

I know a few of you are always banging on about this:

We all know Churchill has had his rum, sodomy and lash
    Corporal ShaunBhoy peeled potatoes at the rear
    Menelaus always bangs on about being dressed in green, like some gay forest ranger.
    Incognito behaves like a 3rd rate Bond.

It all sounds like that Apprentice twunt with his "scholarship to Sandhurst".

But who here has been under fire from the enemy, seen the blood and guts, had his mates killed?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

PS Threaded shut the **** up. We don't believe you.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

With the best will in the world please shut up and go away.......

If they wanted to tell you they would..............

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        But who here has been under fire from the enemy, seen the blood and guts, had his mates killed?
        That's a very personal question.

I'd suggest it's none of your business.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I know a few of you are always banging on about this:

We all know Churchill has had his rum, sodomy and lash
          Corporal ShaunBhoy peeled potatoes at the rear
          Menelaus always bangs on about being dressed in green, like some gay forest ranger.
          Incognito behaves like a 3rd rate Bond.

It all sounds like that Apprentice twunt with his "scholarship to Sandhurst".

Yes. More times than I care to remember.

And no, I don't want to talk about it. Me and my meds will go sit in the corner and quietly deal with my demons, if you don't mind.

HTH

Comment

Oh ok was a bit strong asking about mates being killed. I take it back. Just curious what it feels like under fire - like all blokes I suppose
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh ok was a bit strong asking about mates being killed. I take it back. Just curious what it feels like under fire - like all blokes I suppose
              Imagine the worst fear that you can ever feel, the adrenaline coursing through your veins, your heartbeat pumping, the blood pressures up and you're there with your best mates.

Got that image in your head? OK.

Now multiply it by a billion - and you're still nowhere near close enough.

Comment

Sas - I think you might have gone a bit OTT here....

I know when my Dad came back from (former) Yougoslavia, he was well f*cked up. Took him years to accept what he had seen.

Maybe put your sensitive hat on for this thread eh?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Does paintballing count?
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    Does paintballing count?
                    I would think not.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X