• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ronaldo going to Real for £80m

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronaldo going to Real for £80m

£80M

It's getting a bit silly now. No wonder Setanta have gone to the wall.

Good riddance.

Cheating, over-rated little ponce.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      Good riddance.

WHS
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Good riddance.

He's a bit of a twunt but overrated?

Umm, best player in the EPL for a few years now ... enough so Real Madrid are prepared to break the world record to get him.
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Umm, best player in the EPL for a few years now ... enough so Real Madrid are prepared to break the world record to get him.
          I don't think he's worth 30% more than the next most expensive player.

Who else would you rate at £80M?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

He looks like he has been Tangoed
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

I don't think any sportsman in the world is worth 80 million. But that's apparently the going rate now.

I think if we're comparing the only other player at his level is messi.

Edit. And he's younger and better than Kaka.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

And Kaka, world player of the year 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  And Kaka, world player of the year 2007
                  Ronaldo is better IMO. And like I say, crucially he's younger - he's got his best years to come.

It's an obscene amount of money. But guess that's what it took to prise him away from Man U, whereas Milan had financial problems so looks like they were happy to let him go.

Anyone else forseeing a galacticos II type epic failure coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Steve Gerrard is priceless, also the best player in the EPL according to his peers.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X