• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The resilient British economy comes roaring back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The resilient British economy comes roaring back!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8094729.stm

All hail Gordo. He wasn't lying - he really did save the world.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8094729.stm

All hail Gordo. He wasn't lying - he really did save the world.
    ...in his delusional world-view.

Comment

I did say back in Janruary that the recession in fact ended in December - I did say that the pound would not go to parity with the Euro but by April hit 1.15 then rise .

I havent forget thoose on this board who kicked Blighty in its hour of darkness.

We shall prevail.

Comment

I feel sorry for the Germans with their reliance on world class manufacturing, engineering and exports.

Once you get an economy based on everybody moving house, you never look back.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I feel sorry for the Germans with their reliance on world class manufacturing, engineering and exports.

Indeed what has Atw to say now?
          He's been proved wrong yet again.
          If only he allowed credit in his life, he could grow his business and buy a house
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

What, like Ireland?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              What, like Ireland?
              A few Brits going over to invest their property earnings a la "A house in the Sun/oops Rain" will soon stimulate that market. Britiish speculators got the Irish and Spanish property markets going before; they can do it again!
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

So Gordon Brown is right. As long as we keep borrowing more and more forever, we can live like kings forever.

And if we run out of money to borrow, just print some more!

I'm off for a celebratory crap. The money tree needs fertilising.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I'm off for a celebratory crap. The money tree needs fertilising.
                  Save that turd - it will be the new currency soon.
                  Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Reminds me of some investors in Madoff's ponzi who believed till the end that "it will get better"

Comment

Working...
                    X