• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Periodic Table

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK Periodic Table

The 'new element' thread started me thinking.

I wonder what 'elements' we might discover on CUK.

Here are a few. I'm sure there are many more.

The CUK Periodic Table

At - Alexium – Brittle and reactive. Largely worthless, but irresistible to arboreal rodents. Mined extensively in Russia and still exported despite numerous import bans in sensible countries. Alchemists claim that Skadium (q.v.) can be extracted from At with the addition of urine, but there is no credible, peer-reviewed paper supporting this idea.

AwAndywine – Found in abundance many years ago, but now all Aw on Earth is believed to have decayed into Wilmsowine Wn (q.v.). Warning: Aw is a severe skin irritant.

Cm - Calinmathium – Shiny and decorative and favoured by the church for making altar-ware and reliquaries.

Pn - Prawnium – Apparently worth huge amounts of money, yet oddly indistinguishable from other base metals. Primary ore: Swindonite.

SgSasgurium – has three unstable isotopes, all poisonous.

Sk - Skadium – An element that is always just about to be discovered, but never is.

TdThreadinium – Heaviest of all the elements yet discovered. Emits a vast range of spurious particles when bombarded with truthons. Principal source of Td is the ore PieGone.

WnWilmslowine – Dull and unreactive. The most tedious of the known elements. Occurs when more interesting elements decay. Weak interactions with neighbouring elements may occur.

Zt - Zeitium – Extraterrestrial in origin and only found in meteorites. Green and scaly in appearance. Believed harmless in small doses.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 11 June 2009, 17:03.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Very good BM. Highlight of my day so far

Comment

excellent bogie. top marks.

Comment

Taydium - annoying element with no real purpose. These days only found in NZ : under a bridge sh4gging a sheep.

****ium : more unstable and volatile than uranium. Rarely found in mental units which is a pity.

Comment

Sg – Sasgurium – has three unstable isotopes, all poisonous.

Reported to be tastless. Others have reported bitterness not seen in other elements. Very cheap.

Comment

Sa - SallyAnnese

Anatomically very heavy and extremely dense. Reacts badly with alcohol.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Very good BM. Highlight of my day so far
              WHS - Hilarious Bogey!!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Cy. Cyborium - nothing is known about this element as it is on everyone's ignore list.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Element 110, darmstadtium, Ds. Really.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X