• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

job of the week (Millenium more like)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job of the week (Millenium more like)

Ronaldo will reportedly earn £28.9m in the final year of his six-year contract under terms offered by Real Madrid.

That amounts to a massive £556,000 a week, but the Portuguese forward will have to make do with just £183,000 a week in the first year of his deal.

His wages will then increase by 25 per cent every season he is a Real Madrid player, and he will earn a massive £106 million in total.

That takes the total cost of the transfer for Real Madrid to just under £200m.

The £80m offer for Ronaldo was apparently faxed to United on Wednesday, and the deal was agreed within two hours after Sir Alex Ferguson gave his blessing.
    £556,000 a ******* week?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

And who said of Madrid in December last year :

"You don't think we'd get into a contract with that mob, do you? Jesus Christ. I wouldn't sell them a virus"

Amazing how persuasive an obscene amount of money can be.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      £556,000 a ******* week?
      How much does the taxman get?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        How much does the taxman get?
        Football players get an exemption ni Spain, think it's called something like Beckham's law - check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beckham_law

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

According to the Sun this morning (I know, I know..)
          Madrid are confident that Ronaldo could earn them over £500m in merchandising over the next 10 years.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Football players get an exemption ni Spain, think it's called something like Beckham's law - check it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beckham_law
            "However the Royal Decree 687/2005 modifies this law with respect to wealthy foreign workers. To ease the tax burden and to attract the likes of Beckham and top executives"

Only the poor pay tax.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              According to the Sun this morning (I know, I know..)
              See here's my thing - and I'm no expert on global marketing and tv rights and stuff.

But a team 5 years ago, containing Beckham, Zidane, Raul, big Ronaldo etc turned over a fair chunk - in a market which was booming. But it's not any more, tv companies are going bust, advertising is down everywhere, countries are in recession.

HTF does up the ante, by a massive scale, with these two players and more to come make them more than the old galacticos?

I guess I just don't get it. Sure it makes sense to somebody - but other clubs in the world aren't that far behind RM and none of them would consider anything like these kind of expenditures (Well unless you're backed by a super rich owner - RM aren't - it's purely advertising/tv etc).

Comment

See here's my thing - and I'm no expert on global marketing and tv rights and stuff.

But a team 5 years ago, containing Beckham, Zidane, Raul, big Ronaldo etc turned over a fair chunk - in a market which was booming. But it's not any more, tv companies are going bust, advertising is down everywhere, countries are in recession.
                UK

Spain is actually doing OK. They own our airports, they own most of our banks, they have the best footballers, tennis players... they seem unable to do anything wrong if you ask me.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  UK

Spain is actually doing OK. They own our airports, they own most of our banks, they have the best footballers, tennis players... they seem unable to do anything wrong if you ask me.
                  Their working conditions in bakeries don't seem so good
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    UK

Spain is actually doing OK.
                    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8550845

Comment

Working...
                    X