• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft ships IE7 without browser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft ships IE7 without browser

According the front page of news.bbc.co.uk

oops
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 12 June 2009, 11:01.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Ships Windows 7 you cretin, not IE7.

They can't ship a browser in Europe with the OS, unless they want a $1bn fine.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      According the front page of news.bbc.co.uk

oops
      LOL. That's like saying BMW ships new 3 series without car...
      You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
        LOL. That's like saying BMW ships new 3 series without car...
        Or Microsoft ships a product without a point...... No sorry its nothing like that!

Comment

Re IE8, delighted to see it was not just me caught out by finding script errors thrown up by my CDs.

Today Abbey was reporting it as an unsupported browser. The HMRC help links all had script errors when I filled in my CT form yesterday and RBSWorldpay technical support email page ditto. Several blogs are not working, not due to errors specific to them but to commonly used features. (Not sure what but Widget manager I suspect from brief check)
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Ships Windows 7 you cretin, not IE7.

They can't ship a browser in Europe with the OS, unless they want a $1bn fine.
            Re-read the post. It's whoever headlined the article that's the cretin. The "oops" in the original posting should have made that clear to anyone with an intellect slightly more marginal that that of a concussed bee.

So, yah-boo sucks to you.

Comment

What a ridiculous law that prevents a company including useful content. It isn't as though IE prevents anyone from using another browser and you can always remove it.

The EU sucks. We should abolish it and let the world be run properly by Microsoft and Tesco.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So when you do a fresh install of Windows 7 how do you get online to install say Firefox? I suppose you have access to Windows updates that will offer you IE8.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Doesn't windows update use IE?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    So when you do a fresh install of Windows 7 how do you get online to install say Firefox? I suppose you have access to Windows updates that will offer you IE8.
                    DOS FTP
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X