• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market Getting Better?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Getting Better?

Seems like things have got alot better in the market?

Ive had 4 real roles that Ive sounded out in the last 6 days all wanting a ASAP start. Fone seems to be ringing more regular from Agencies at which I now just ask the rate and then halt the conversation before continuing; if its another "let me take the piss on rate" call.

Not sure if this is across the ball - buts its alot better than first quarter.

Maybe a non-private poll to see who is in a role would help?
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Yes, have 3 confirmed roles and must decide which contract to sign over the weekend and which 2 agents to pi*s off first thing Monday.

Im not sure that the market ever got as bad as it was made out to be in the media, just that there were a lot more people looking for roles that they neither had the skills or experience for.

PZZ

Comment

Market is good for anybody who has decent skills.
        - Finance
        - C#

Loads of work.

Rate between 550-600

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
          Yes, have 3 confirmed roles and must decide which contract to sign over the weekend and which 2 agents to pi*s off first thing Monday.

Im not sure that the market ever got as bad as it was made out to be in the media, just that there were a lot more people looking for roles that they neither had the skills or experience for.

PZZ

Hmm I think it was.

Oct/Nov/Dec for me were bad! very bad. I mean like 4 - 5 calls total in three months - whereas usually its 3-5 calls a week.

Comment

One observation though - its taking ages to sort paperwork out and get started these days.

A year or so ago, interview on a Wed/Thurs, start the following Monday.

One of the roles I have just had confirmation on I interviewed for in November FFS!
            One of the others, interviewed in April, got confirmation this morning.

Ive done 3 other contracts since the Nov interview!

PZZ

Comment

Ive done 3 other contracts since the Nov interview!

PZZ
              How short are your contracts, by the hour
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                How short are your contracts, by the hour
                Have been contracting 25 years, longest contract 10 years, followed by 6 years, had continuous employment via only 8 contracts in the last 25 years.

PZZ

Comment

Have been contracting 25 years, longest contract 10 years, followed by 6 years, had continuous employment via only 8 contracts in the last 25 years.

PZZ
                  So how did you do 3 contracts since November
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    So how did you do 3 contracts since November
                    Im in my 26th year of contracting now....

PZZ

Comment

Working...
                    X