• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thursday Dilema

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Dilema

Last night after a leaving a client site, I (Single/Male/Contractor) gave my boss (Married/Female/Permie) a lift to the station as I have done for the past two days. On the way to the station we hit traffic which meant she might miss her train back into London. Quick as a flash I powered up the trusty SatNav and found out that there was another entrance to the railway station. Having figured out which way it was taking me I said. "I'm taking you round the back way tonight if that's OK?" .....I following that up with something about traffic but I think that the damage was done because she replied. "I should be so lucky", which was followed by a giggle (from her) an uncomfortable silence and then some coughing. I dropped her off a few minutes later without further incident. Now.......She's just come over to my desk to ask if I'm taking her the same way tonight. So does she really want me to give her one up the you know what?

plague the like avoid!

Don't do it.

Comment

As Alan Partridge would no doubt ask, how old is she? Perhaps she is just being vulgar in the way that common divorced women of a certain age often are.
      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

supreme

you are at the crossroads of your life

one way lies chocolate heaven
        one way lies the boot
        one way lies 5 years porridge

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by supremepods
          Last night after a leaving a client site, I (Single/Male/Contractor) gave my boss (Married/Female/Permie) a lift to the station as I have done for the past two days. On the way to the station we hit traffic which meant she might miss her train back into London. Quick as a flash I powered up the trusty SatNav and found out that there was another entrance to the railway station. Having figured out which way it was taking me I said. "I'm taking you round the back way tonight if that's OK?" .....I following that up with something about traffic but I think that the damage was done because she replied. "I should be so lucky", which was followed by a giggle (from her) an uncomfortable silence and then some coughing. I dropped her off a few minutes later without further incident. Now.......She's just come over to my desk to ask if I'm taking her the same way tonight. So does she really want me to give her one up the you know what?
          Aye SS

Its good to be in demand but if I were you mate Id cool the beans till you leave the contract till you make your advance, that is if you value your current contract, otherwise give it hell for leather ...

Comment

Originally posted by supremepods
            [...] Now.......She's just come over to my desk to ask if I'm taking her the same way tonight. So does she really want me to give her one up the you know what?
            Does she have unusual large hands, a lower tone of voice and a scarf constantly around her neck? If yes, then it's Sandy.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

But she's married. What about hubby? Perhaps he's ex SAS

Better the dull but simple life.

Comment

Just be honest and tell her she's making it very hard for you.....

Comment

Keep flirting, keep up the banter.
                  Do not make any moves whatsoever.
                  If she does then tell her you are falttered but it would be unprofessional of you to take her up on the offer.

I doubt she wants one up the wrong un even if she does want you. But you never know when you will be handed the golden ticket.

You are young and single, what is the worts that could happen?
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    You are young and single, what is the worts that could happen?
                    Enjoying hospital food for six months after ex SAS hubby finds out what's going on.

Comment

Working...
                    X