• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a tooth pulled out under general anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a tooth pulled out under general anaesthetic

The dentist told me that I have to have a back tooth pulled out - a tooth one in front of the wisdom. This is a tough job and so the dentist has referred me to a NHS hospital to get the tooth pulled under general anaesthetic.

I didn't even know this was offered - but apparently I have an infection that will never clear up and so the tooth has to go. This is after I've already spent some £300 trying to save it.

Has anyone else here been through a tooth extraction under general anaesthetic?

had it done two or three times. each one local. the tugging is the worst.

bloody dentists who tug and extract eh?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
      The dentist told me that I have to have a back tooth pulled out - a tooth one in front of the wisdom. This is a tough job and so the dentist has referred me to a NHS hospital to get the tooth pulled under general anaesthetic.

I didn't even know this was offered - but apparently I have an infection that will never clear up and so the tooth has to go. This is after I've already spent some £300 trying to save it.

All 4 wisdom teeth out under a general, in hospital. Back to work next afternoon. Contractor.

Comment

last time i went to the dentist 3 years ago she had to inject 6 times to get a tooth at the back..and it still hurt loads...LOADS...

apparently I had a high tolerence to novacaine odd ay?!

Comment

Getting an injection in the roof of the mouth has to be one of the worst sensations
          You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

I had five teeth taken out as a young teenager. No problems. All baby teeth which were a bit slow coming out. My brother was the same, but they left his alone. I think they were replaced naturally eventually but much later than is usual. I think someone on my mothers side had 3 sets of teeth too, but I might have made that up.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post

You wont feel a thing at the time but you will feel like tulip afterwards. You *will* need someone to come with you to drive you home afterwards. You will *not* be in a fit state to do it yourself. Expect to spend most of the following 24 hours asleep.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I had two wisdom teeth taken out under local anaesthetic you bloody wimp; first tooth took just over an hour to saw/drill/hack out . General anaesthetic ha! no wonder the countries going to pieces, grow a backbone.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  You wont feel a thing at the time but you will feel like tulip afterwards. You *will* need someone to come with you to drive you home afterwards. You will *not* be in a fit state to do it yourself. Expect to spend most of the following 24 hours asleep.
                  WHS, sensible post.

Maybe we should have a smiley for "sensible post", just to distinguish the odd one that comes up?

Comment

Originally posted by Addanc View Post
                    I had two wisdom teeth taken out under local anaesthetic you bloody wimp; first tooth took just over an hour to saw/drill/hack out . General anaesthetic ha! no wonder the countries going to pieces, grow a backbone.
                    Pah! Had my backbone extracted under a local years ago - at my wife's behest, obviously.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X