• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First death in UK from swineflu confirmed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First death in UK from swineflu confirmed

It was only a cold !!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8099832.stm

Chap was pretty unwell previously, in my local hospital though and there are a few more in the place as well.

As I said on a thread last week they will be shutting wards in 4 weeks to take in the sick.

From what I am told it knocks you out for a few days but it is just a flu. I expect to get it in a few weeks anyway with the gf doing the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Chap was pretty unwell previously, in my local hospital though and there are a few more in the place as well.

As I said on a thread last week they will be shutting wards in 4 weeks to take in the sick.

From what I am told it knocks you out for a few days but it is just a flu. I expect to get it in a few weeks anyway with the gf doing the tests.

There are many people in the country that are currently unwell for other reasons. This flu is going to finish a lot of them off, especially once wards are full.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        There are many people in the country that are currently unwell for other reasons. This flu is going to finish a lot of them off, especially once wards are full.
        Well with your medical degree you obviously know more that me.

The country is actually dealing quite well with the current flu. The press were informed to stop the panic mongering 2 weeks ago and they all followed. We have a full stock of anti virals and the vaccine has been ordered for August. The system is working on this one no matter how much you wish it was not.

Comment

Normal flu has killed far more people than swine flu has, it is more prevalent, and it has been a pandemic for donkeys of years!

Stop making a fuss over something that in the grand scheme of things is really a non-event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            Normal flu has killed far more people than swine flu has, it is more prevalent, and it has been a pandemic for donkeys of years!

Stop making a fuss over something that in the grand scheme of things is really a non-event.
            Agreed.

Man dies from flu. Big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Well with your medical degree you obviously know more that me.

The country is actually dealing quite well with the current flu. The press were informed to stop the panic mongering 2 weeks ago and they all followed. We have a full stock of anti virals and the vaccine has been ordered for August. The system is working on this one no matter how much you wish it was not.

You hardly need a medical degree to see the blooming obvious. Once we have the majority of the population affected, the system just will not be able to cope.
              On the brighter side, we have approx 3.5 million 'ill' on disability benefits and many of these people may pop their clogs thus saving us taxpayers a wee fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                You hardly need a medical degree to see the blooming obvious. Once we have the majority of the population affected, the system just will not be able to cope.
                On the brighter side, we have approx 3.5 million 'ill' on disability benefits and many of these people may pop their clogs thus saving us taxpayers a wee fortune.
                Is there no limit to your moronic-ness?
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Is it me or does CyberCretin remind you of The Old Gits from Harry Enfield gloating over the obituaries at brekfast time?

Neeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                    Agreed.

Man dies from flu. Big deal.
                    woman - how many men do you know give birth?

Comment

Working...
                    X