• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 days smoke free!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 days smoke free!

Turned 35 recently and whilst i've tried quitting a number of times in the past I realised that continuing smoking from this point on would not be a good idea.

Been 7 days since my last smoke and the days seem to alternate between really tough and really easy. Today is an easy day so far where i've not missed it but yesterday was a nightmare. Went for a ride up in the peaks and what should have been an enjoyable blast along sunny fast roads was ruined by constant cravings. Dreaded stopping for fuel as suspected I may crack and buy 10 fags but managed to give myself a mental slap whilst paying and resist.

Big thing is the physical difference after only 7 days. I can actually breathe! Was like a switch was flipped in my lungs after day 3. Been to the gym and it's a joy being able to run without wheezing after 5 mins. Also sleeping much better and not waking up with a banging head in the morning.

Still fookin' difficult though and i rue the day that i picked up that first fag 20 years ago.

Well done chap.

I've been smokeless for 15 years now.

Went from cigarettes to Cafe Cremes (which are evil if you smoke them like fags, as I did).

I still do miss a big fat cigar after a good meal, or when dangling ones feet in the pool and sipping a large Pimms on a sunny summers day.

All things considered though, I'd never smoke again.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Keep it up!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
        Big thing is the physical difference after only 7 days. I can actually breathe! Was like a switch was flipped in my lungs after day 3. Been to the gym and it's a joy being able to run without wheezing after 5 mins. Also sleeping much better and not waking up with a banging head in the morning.
        Well done. Did you go cold turkey or are you addicted to the nicotine substitutes now?

Comment

Very very well done I hope you keep going.

I gave up 22nd DEcember 1989.

Comment

I've been smoke free for over 40 yrs.

I found it very easy since I've never smoked in my life.

But well done for your 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Very very well done I hope you keep going.

I gave up 22nd DEcember 1989.
              BEFORE Christmas. That is properly impressive.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                Turned 35 recently and whilst i've tried quitting a number of times in the past I realised that continuing smoking from this point on would not be a good idea.

Been 7 days since my last smoke and the days seem to alternate between really tough and really easy. Today is an easy day so far where i've not missed it but yesterday was a nightmare. Went for a ride up in the peaks and what should have been an enjoyable blast along sunny fast roads was ruined by constant cravings. Dreaded stopping for fuel as suspected I may crack and buy 10 fags but managed to give myself a mental slap whilst paying and resist.

Still fookin' difficult though and i rue the day that i picked up that first fag 20 years ago.
                Excellent work there fella, keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I've been smoke free for over 40 yrs.

I found it very easy since I've never smoked in my life.

But well done for your 7 days.
                  Please endeavour to not be a **** in relation to this chaps achievements, there's a good fellow.

Comment

Well done. Don't give in.

In related news, I've just been out for a quick 45 minute bike ride, the third in three days. I've been thinking as I'm nearly 38 it was time to start doing exercise.

What's worse: smoking and going to the gym, or not smoking and sitting in front of the TV/computer all day?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X