• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC1: Occupation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC1: Occupation

This is a message specifically for sasguru and generally for anyone else who's interested.

Ladies and Gents

I'll be watching this tomorrow evening on BBC1 and I'm sure that Churchill probably will as well. From what I've seen of it so far in the trailers it looks very well written and would be worthy of a watch.

Once you've seen it, please don't start a thread again about any of us having seen "real war".

Thanks all.
    M.

Are there any other topics that I have to avoid lest they offend you?

Comment

What does Shaunbhoy think?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Does Shaunbhoy think?

Shirley?

Comment

Caught up with this last night via the magic of iPlayer. Watched the whole lot in one sitting and it was very impressive, and very depressing too it has to be said.

The acting was excellent, even James Nesbitt, but especially the Iraqi roles I thought.

The story though, what a downer. Very neatly written and tied together in a really horrifying way at the end. I don't know what else to say really. It opened up a lot of questions. People changing sides and ideals left, right and centre. Has Iraq really gone so fundamentalist as it was portrayed? From the news you kind of get the impression that those factions are more and more of a minority. From the film, it looked like they'd completely taken over, making experienced female doctors work out of sight in the pharmacy etc.

So, yes, a very effective bit of TV.

Comment

Gotta agree, best bit of british telly in a very very long time.

Thank **** there's still some non reality TV around, it worries me how TV increasingly has gone down the make it cheap and maximise the profits route these days.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Working...
            X