• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will they ever get it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will they ever get it?

BBC reporting that the iraq inquiry is being held in secret. These politicians just don't get it do they?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8100432.stm
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    BBC reporting that the iraq inquiry is being held in secret. These politicians just don't get it do they?

No. Appalling.

What the hell is the point of the enquiry if the public can't see it?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Was never going to be in public considering its real impact on National Security...

That said I share you bemusement at the political system in general...

Comment

I expect Gordo is just trying to emulate his hero Thatch again - the Falklands one was secret too.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post

Maybe they need to talk about secret stuff like WMD's and not let the public know how they f**cked up so bad....

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I expect Gordo is just trying to emulate his hero Thatch again - the Falklands one was secret too.
            To be fair how much dont we know about Falklands... It seems very little...

Comment

I just recalled that Jacko made all the Cabinet minutes on Iraq secret...and as that is the juicy bit..well what's the point in an enquiry?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                Was never going to be in public considering its real impact on National Security...
                That said I share you bemusement at the political system in general...
                real impact on Labour embarrassment

In the days of the 24 hour news cycle, CNN, BBCNews24 et al, the only impression that can be given by holding this in private is that the government (note: not parliament but the government) have something to hide.

Was it not Labour who said "if you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear"?

Comment

if you've nothing to hide, what have you been doing in government for the last 13 yrs?

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                    To be fair how much dont we know about Falklands... It seems very little...
                    True and it was founded on a pretty straightforward event - but we've never had any details of the enquiry we paid for.

Comment

Working...
                    X