• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crazy tourists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy tourists

Just why do people risk their lives by travelling to dodgy muslim countries ? They must have a death wish.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/8100500.stm

Tourists, aye

"The kidnapped adults all worked at a hospital in Saada, the state news agency said."

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Just why do people risk their lives by travelling to dodgy muslim countries ? They must have a death wish.
    It must be hard for a "me first, me only" Thatcherite like you to understand, but some people have an altruistic vocational desire to leave the world a better place rather than just plundering it for anything they can get.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 15 June 2009, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Tourists, aye

"The kidnapped adults all worked at a hospital in Saada, the state news agency said."

It must be hard for a "me first, me only" Thatcherite like you to understand, but some people have an altruistic vocational desire to leave the world a better place rather than just plundering it for anything they can get.

You really are a bitter individual. It's just a shame that your cohorts have plundered UK since 1997 and left us with debt that will take until 2032 to repay. Labour really had a vocational desire to help us.

As far as the workers are concerned in Yemen, they must have been aware of the risks and therefore in my view were crazy to be there regardless of their desire to propagate goodwill. I feel desperately sad for their children who had no choice but to follow the stupid will of their parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        You really are a bitter individual. It's just a shame that your cohorts have plundered UK since 1997 and left us with debt that will take until 2032 to repay. Labour really had a vocational desire to help us.

As far as the workers are concerned in Yemen, they must have been aware of the risks and therefore in my view were crazy to be there regardless of their desire to propagate goodwill. I feel desperately sad for their children who had no choice but to follow the stupid will of their parents.
        Who let you out again?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The purpose of altruism is to disseminate your genes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kin_selection

Comment

It must be hard for a "me first, me only" Thatcherite like you to understand,
            That's an insult to Thatcherites. CT would vote BNP, but they're a bit too left-wing.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              That's an insult to Thatcherites. CT would vote BNP, but they're a bit too left-wing.
              CT = CyberTwat?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                CT = CyberTwat?
                Yep.
                Bored.

Comment

Altruism can drop one in the tulip, as I've found to my cost in the past.

Comment

Thing is the Cybercretin is too incompetent to do any plundering in the real world, apart from the benefit system which he knows like the back of his hand.
                    Typical lower class "Tory" whose "principles" are marked more by their non-observance.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X