• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The grumpy old man thread™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The grumpy old man thread™

Victor Meldrew moments...

I leapt out of bed at 5:30 this morning and slammed the bedroom window, when my wife asked what the hell I was doing I apparently muttered something about "the effin' birds keeping me awake".

So I'm a miserable old sod and I don't remember doing it?? Oh dear.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

5:30 ! You, lucky, lucky bastard.

Little birdies were at it about 3:30 here the other day.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I have to put up with a load of ducks and geese most mornings, which then sets the dogs barking, this then wakes the kids up......bloody summer mornings - role on the winter mornings......
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Victor Meldrew moments...

I leapt out of bed at 5:30 this morning and slammed the bedroom window, when my wife asked what the hell I was doing I apparently muttered something about "the effin' birds keeping me awake".

So I'm a miserable old sod and I don't remember doing it?? Oh dear.
        I do similar, and get a similar response...
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The permies at ClientCo think I am a grumpy old git as I keep whining at them. They might be right : but they deserve it anyway.....

Comment

my better half did that this morning, you're not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              The permies at ClientCo think I am a grumpy old git .....
              The permies at ClientCo think I am a grumpy old git .....
              The Cons at ClientCo think I am a grumpy old git .....
              My Family think I am a grumpy old git .....
              The Girl in the Sandwich shop.........
              The Ticket Collector at the Station......
              The bloke I passed in the Street this Morning.......

Fortunately I am not cursed with low self esteem and I know I am a happy go lucky little ray of sunshine!

Comment

I have three large trees in front of my house, two of which have grown to form a natural arch over the drive, and two large trees behind the house. These trees form a veritable concert hall for the splendid symphony of birdsong that is the dawn chorus. The finest and most enjoyable alarm clock in the world, its only minor drawback is the huge pile of birdtulip to be found on the car in the morning.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Didn't get to sleep until 1am this morning (working on a bit of code) and really, really p'd off at it. Forgotten that I'd set the MSE algorithm to run over night came down this morning and the thing was *still* running.

Sat (sorry, stood) on train this morning to clientco, muttering to self.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                    Didn't get to sleep until 1am this morning (working on a bit of code) and really, really p'd off at it.
                    Neither did I. I sat watching Jonathan Milller's History of Disbelief on Google video. Jolly good stuff, but I should really have gone to bed.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X