• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's "No Tulip Sherlock" Award

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's "No Tulip Sherlock" Award

The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency says he believes Iran is mastering nuclear technology and it wants the option of a nuclear weapon.

Mohammed ElBaradei told the BBC that countries with nuclear weapons were treated differently to those without.

"They want to send a message to their neighbours, to the rest of the world, don't mess with us.

"But the ultimate aim of Iran, as I understand it, is they want to be recognised as a major power in the Middle East.

In the wider world, Mr ElBaradei said the biggest threat was the prospect of a nuclear weapon falling into the hands of an extremist group.

He said the principle of nuclear deterrent would not apply to such groups.

The only safe future, he said, was widespread nuclear disarmament led by the existing nuclear powers which between them have 27,000 warheads.

Linky

You don't say!

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency says he believes Iran is mastering nuclear technology and it wants the option of a nuclear weapon.

Mohammed ElBaradei told the BBC that countries with nuclear weapons were treated differently to those without.

"They want to send a message to their neighbours, to the rest of the world, don't mess with us.

"But the ultimate aim of Iran, as I understand it, is they want to be recognised as a major power in the Middle East.

In the wider world, Mr ElBaradei said the biggest threat was the prospect of a nuclear weapon falling into the hands of an extremist group.

He said the principle of nuclear deterrent would not apply to such groups.

The only safe future, he said, was widespread nuclear disarmament led by the existing nuclear powers which between them have 27,000 warheads.
    Linky

You don't say!
    Surely the only safe way is to have more nukes than them?

Comment

I felt confident that this thread was going to be about the bloke looking into MPs expenses...... who said something like:

"...Some MPS have been exploiting the expenses system for personal gain...."

Just goes to show...........

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        The difference between us and them is that we'll never use ours.

We'll just have Obama announcing to the world that he's "Deeply troubled".

Comment

If I were Dick the Dasterdly Dictator, I would look at what North Korea gets away with and compare that to how Iraq etc etc etc got treated and would be busting a gut and my minions' guts to get hold of nukes too.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            If I were Dick the Dasterdly Dictator, I would look at what North Korea gets away with and compare that to how Iraq etc etc etc got treated and would be busting a gut and my minions' guts to get hold of nukes too.
            I wouldn't be surprised if Iran performs a Nuke test in the coming days...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              No mate.
              The cold war stand off worked due to Mutualy Assured Destruction (MAD).
              Neither side wanted to be wiped out so were very careful with the chess pieces.

Consider that SOME Muslims are not affraid of death and in fact welcome it then MAD holds no sway.
              If the guy with his finger on the button is a Jihadist then he will press it to speed him on his way.

We almost had a Septic rapturist with similar beliefs too. It is not just the Muslims you know.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                who, Cheney?

Comment

Working...
                X