• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming - the truth will out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming - the truth will out.

Exaggeration also wears out the public's willingness to tackle global warming. If the planet is doomed, people wonder, why do anything? A record 54% of American voters now believe the news media make global warming appear worse than it really is. A majority of people now believe – incorrectly – that global warming is not even caused by humans. In the United Kingdom, 40% believe that global warming is exaggerated and 60% doubt that it is man-made.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...hange-children

Even the Guardian's coming on-side.
    Bored.

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Exaggeration also wears out the public's willingness to tackle global warming. If the planet is doomed, people wonder, why do anything? A record 54% of American voters now believe the news media make global warming appear worse than it really is. A majority of people now believe – incorrectly – that global warming is not even caused by humans. In the United Kingdom, 40% believe that global warming is exaggerated and 60% doubt that it is man-made.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...hange-children

Even the Guardian's coming on-side.
    ....best quote I heard on the subject was some years ago on a particularly sunny day when the ozone-layer thing was the current buzz.

"if this is global warming, pass me the aerosol"
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Global warming? So what, humans are only a transitory species on the planet earth anyway.

Maybe our time has come!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Global warming? So what, humans are only a transitory species on the planet earth anyway.

Maybe our time has come!
        Just wait until the owners come back find out what the humans had done to the place!
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Maybe our time has come!
          WHS

Mother earth is always going to look out for herself and when a species decides to try to **** her (a la the famous line from Pulp Fiction where the kid with the Hawaiian takeout is asked "Is Marcellus Wallace a bitch?" / "Er, no" / "The why you tryin' to **** him like a bitch?") either through recklessness or malice we're all going to diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

I'd believe Man Made Global Warming IF:

1. It wasn't for the fact that over the last 10 years the world has cooled off
            2. Humans could predict the temperature accurately tomorrow let alone 50 yrs into the futre.
            3. The climate varies naturally and separating the man made element and the natural variation could be scientifically proven
            4. The climate scientists on the IPCC weren't in the pockets of the government who are 100% behind the science in the name of tax revenues.

Comment

Our role is as a vehicle to send life to the stars and that isn't done yet. We should start a seeding programme and send microbes into space on an orgasmic scale, then we can die exhausted after having a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'd believe Man Made Global Warming IF:

1. It wasn't for the fact that over the last 10 years the world has cooled off
                2. Humans could predict the temperature accurately tomorrow let alone 50 yrs into the futre.
                3. The climate varies naturally and separating the man made element and the natural variation could be scientifically proven
                4. The climate scientists on the IPCC weren't in the pockets of the government who are 100% behind the science in the name of tax revenues.
                My ex- still is a climatologist researcher and made her name at in the Antarctic drilling holes in the ice to try to prove for her PhD that volanic SO2 particulates in the atmosphere would have an effect on altering temperatures on the ground. We'd split up long before she came to a conclusion but whenever someone asked the stock answer was always "we need more data".

Comment

I would take global warming seriously if the real issue were addressed. It's about over population and not replacing light bulbs.

Comment

Being related to climate change is also the best, maybe only, way to get government funding.

I’ve got to do some work on the futures on emissions permits sometime soon (when I pull my finger out); maybe I should apply for a grant?
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X