• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sack the incompetent bitch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sack the incompetent bitch

http://www.silicon.com/publicsector/...9153719,00.htm

The government has revealed that a total of £236m – exclusive of VAT – has been paid to both EDS and Capgemini for the IT systems behind the disastrous new tax credits system.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is currently in a stand-off with EDS over compensation for a litany of IT problems that led to massive overpayments and is threatening to take the supplier to court.

The tax credits system has been called a "nightmare" by MPs and a report by parliamentary watchdog the Public Accounts Committee has questioned HMRC's ability to rectify the problems.

The tax credits IT system went live in April 2003 under an outsourcing contract with EDS and when this contract ended Capgemini took over the running of the system from 1 July 2004.

Paymaster general Dawn Primarolo has now revealed the full cost of the IT system in answer to a Parliamentary Question this week.

She said: "The identifiable costs paid to these suppliers for running the IT tax credits system up to 31 August 2005, including costs in the pre 'go-live' stages, was £236m, exclusive of VAT."

Fecks sake, that's a lot of OUR money wasted by this moronic tart. Fire her ass!

Pity the government doesn't seek compensation from the person mainly responsible for this fiasco. Brownstuff. The whole concept sucks. Why is it it councillors can be surcharged but not ministers?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

mired in confusion
      little effective co-ordination
      little confidence
      immature
      disjointed
      weak
      vague
      not connected or coherent

There you have it in a nutshell - Dawn Primarolo's place in history.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        mired in confusion
        little effective co-ordination
        little confidence
        immature
        disjointed
        weak
        vague
        not connected or coherent

There you have it in a nutshell - Dawn Primarolo's place in history.
        Are you talking about IR35 there or the fantastic 1/4 billion pound tax credit system?

Comment

and we can all sleep soundly in our beds knowing EDS will not be engaged in any further public sector contracts...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Which of the government ministers used to work for Anderson Consulting? It was Patricia Hewitt as I recall... I wonder which ones worked for EDS?

I seem to remember one of the large consultancies was banned from government contracts by the Tories due to every project being an over budget failure. The same consultancy gave free assistance to Nu Labour to formulate their economic policy while in opposition...

As soon as Nu Labour got elected, the ban on that consultancy was lifted and the court action for compensation was cancelled...

Oh, and look at the effect of the economic policy of Nu Labour... an over budget failure....

Funny old world, innit.
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Ah thank you Mr McQuiggd,

At last a contractor relevant point. Not only were the big consultancies given juicy government jobs, in spite of past incompetence, but also the introduction of IR35 was put into motion. Not particularly because contractors were competing with EDS et al but because they kept loosing their best people to the contract market. This is all a gross example of vulgar palm-greasing worthy only of a banana republic.

EDS = Contractor public enemy number one.

(IMHO)

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                1 -Which of the government ministers used to work for Anderson Consulting? It was Patricia Hewitt as I recall...

1 -I seem to remember one of the large consultancies was banned from government contracts by the Tories due to every project being an over budget failure. The same consultancy gave free assistance to Nu Labour to formulate their economic policy while in opposition...

3 -Funny old world, innit.
                Answers: 1 Correct (although I think it was Arthur Andersen to be strictly accurate - they used to be the same company before the consulting partners broke away in a row over how to split the profits)
                2 It was Arthur Andersen again, something to do with the DeLorean scandal.
                3 No, it fkin isn't.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mordork,

how is the wonderful world of Microshaft Active Directory Administration treating you ?

Milan.

Comment

It isn't. I'm doing a Novell-2003 & Exchange migration. Actually, I'm just finishing off and killing a bit of time on ere. Been too busy to post much lately, and I intend to make up for lost time.
                    How's the backup tape changing going round your neck of the woods?
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X