• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A goat in a shiraz vat; would it drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Hmm?
    Well a Muslim Goat wouldn't obviously

Comment

Syrah

:-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrah

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Well a Muslim Goat wouldn't obviously
        Would a Muslim goat have read the relevant Haddiths?

Comment

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
          Frog!

Comment

Frog!
            Nobody is perfect

Comment

Would a Muslim goat have read the relevant Haddiths?
              Well I would imagine that the Goat would have some theological grounding in considering itself Muslim and would have satisfied itself as to its interpretation of it texts of reference.... Unless of course it was an illeducated Goat.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Well I would imagine that the Goat would have some theological grounding in considering itself Muslim and would have satisfied itself as to its interpretation of it texts of reference.... Unless of course it was an illeducated Goat.
                Ah, but I had some theological grounding in the central tenets of Christian belief and satisfied myself as to my interpretation of the texts of reference. Maybe that's why I'm an atheist; I believed until I read the bible.

Comment

Ah, but I had some theological grounding in the central tenets of Christian belief and satisfied myself as to my interpretation of the texts of reference. Maybe that's why I'm an atheist; I believed until I read the bible.
                  Ah yes... but the Goat is a Muslim - possibly if he had been bought up as a Christian Goat he too would have questioned the veracity of the "proclaimed truth" and also abandoned his faith in the almighty.... Chances are that he would have drunk the wine:
                  a) Because his interpretation of Christian doctrine did not prohibit it...
                  or
                  b) He needed it to numb his mind to the percieved futility of his continued existance in this godless world.

Comment

Working...
                  X