• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just put in an offer for a house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put in an offer for a house

Closed at 12:00.

Between us and 4 others I think and should find out in an hour.

Just opened a beer to calm nerves.

Fingers crossed for you!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

We got it!

By less than a grand to the next bidder, I decided to up the bid by a grand this morning.

No more renting for me!

Comment

Fook me, sealed bids in this climate? The worlds gone mad.

Congrats all the same!
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          We got it!

By less than a grand to the next bidder, I decided to up the bid by a grand this morning.

No more renting for me!
          Well done. Is it a nice prefab?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I'm selling and I've got a second viewing on my flat going on right now. No offers as yet but I've had five viewings before the property has even been marketed. The market certainly seems lively.
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
              Fook me, sealed bids in this climate? The worlds gone mad.

Congrats all the same!
              Isn't that normal in Jockland?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Isn't that normal in Jockland?
                Pretty much, although in the last year it has not happened that often.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Pretty much, although in the last year it has not happened that often.
                  Is it still true that once an offer is accepted that you can't be gazumped in Scotland? From what I've heard the Scottish system has always been far better.

The English system could use a Scottish style revamp and since the market activity is relatively low now would be an ideal time.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    Is it still true that once an offer is accepted that you can't be gazumped in Scotland? From what I've heard the Scottish system has always been far better.

The English system could use a Scottish style revamp and since the market activity is relatively low now would be an ideal time.
                    Theoretically you can but I have never heard of it being done, I know buyers drop out on occasion but I have never heard of a seller breaking the agreement, I think the lawyers would shun away from allowing it to happen, the Scottish law society would probably have some rules against it. I know they have rules against setting offers over prices too low to drum up interest in a property.

The offers over system usually brings out all available buyers on the offers day anyway then the 'missives' are generally signed within a few weeks.

Anyway, just google pedometered the distance to all the local pubs from the new house. Get the important jobs done first

Comment

Working...
                    X