• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AF447 broke up mid-air

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF447 broke up mid-air

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090618/...c-3fd0ae9.html

: "Typically, if you see intact bodies and multiple fractures - arm, leg, hip fractures - it's a good indicator of a mid-flight break-up.

"Especially if you're seeing large pieces of aircraft as well."

Aviation safety consultant Jack Casey agreed multiple fractures were consistent with the plane breaking up in mid-air and that the lack of clothing could be significant.

"In an in-air break up like we are supposing here, the clothes are just torn away," he said.

Not sure which I prefer : mid air break up or plummeting into the sea intact.....

Comment

Can I take the third door from Monty Halls problem = not dying at all, thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Not sure which I prefer : mid air break up or plummeting into the sea intact.....
        There are reports of some of the Pan Am passengers still being alive after they hit the ground. Though not for very long.

Comment

this has nothing to do with the pilot (half) breaking a wind, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            There are reports of some of the Pan Am passengers still being alive after they hit the ground. Though not for very long.
            Read that at the time - still strapped into their seats; only became clear in the post-mortems.

, not to mention

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I heard that too - pretty awful though they wouldn't have known much about it.

Seriously though, wouldn't a failure like that most likely be a bomb? I know the Airbus planes are all fly by wire so if the computer systems go down the pilots have no means of control (the cockpit looks like the space shuttle).
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I hope they find out why it broke up.
                Originally posted by cailin maith
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Seriously though, wouldn't a failure like that most likely be a bomb? I know the Airbus planes are all fly by wire so if the computer systems go down the pilots have no means of control (the cockpit looks like the space shuttle).
                  http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/...100200041.html

Terrorism a possible cause for AF447 death plunge

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    If it was flying too slow through a storm, then it could easily break up. The airframe can't cope with the load put on it by the changes in airpressure caused by the storm.
                    Originally posted by cailin maith
                    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                    X